Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

RZM M7/2 1938 (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik) Hitler Youth Dagger. MY FIRST HJ!

Article about: by roger9344 Great HJ Fahrtenmesser! Now you need a Koppelschloss or two. One of any of these things just isn't enough. Sounds good to me! I'd love to add a HJ armband, a HJ identification/

Default Re: RZM M7/2 1938 (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik) Hitler Youth Dagger. MY FIRST HJ!

Quote by hbhansen View Post
    Great looking HJ only problem is that you get hooked on these. I'm allready thinking of buying another one
    Thanks for the kind words! I really don't consider myself an edged weapons collector... In the past, I just acquired bayonets to complete the WWII rifles I collect.

With that being said, I am really fond of my new HJ dagger! I am currently searching for pictures/ stories of soldaten using their HJ daggers in combat!

Questions: 1. Did my dagger originally have a motto on the side of the blade? 2. I've heard that my scabbard is "a candidate for a repaint"... thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M7/2 1938 (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik) Hitler Youth Dagger. MY FIRST HJ!
    P
    Many

Default Re: RZM M7/2 1938 (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik) Hitler Youth Dagger. MY FIRST HJ!

Hi Joe, post 1938, the motto on the blade was done away with to save money. 1938 of course saw a huge expansion of the HJ.

As the scabbard is now completely devoid of paint it could be redone I suppose..

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Joe, post 1938, the motto on the blade was done away with to save money. 1938 of course saw a huge expansion of the HJ.

As the scabbard is now completely devoid of paint it could be redone I suppose..

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

As always, thanks for the informative response!

As my HJ knife is a 1938, does it make the cutoff... should it have the motto, or was it buffed out?

I feel that my dagger should be left as-is. In the item description on Paul's website, he says: "The dent-free scabbard body is worn yet the leather remains in great condition. The black finish is gone and this would be a candidate for a repaint." Daggers are totally foreign to me... and I've noticed that people take German dress daggers apart (I thought that would be frowned upon...?)... I just didn't know if repainting was an accepted practice.

I would not repaint it personally.

I don't think it ever had the motto.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Super clean HJ dagger.

Im firm in the dont-paint-it camp too.

Thank you, Ade and Scout!

No worries, I never thought about painting it. I just was wondering if it is something that is done/ accepted.

?

Congrats on your 1st hj knife

now onto your next one

Cheers Mac 66.

Hi Gizmo8z I was looking into your HJ cloth sleeve diamond,, and these types were used on The Deutche BDM uniforms,, or the Hitler youth females. I have one of these also in my collection................the cloth diamond i mean here is photo of one being worn on a uniform. The males did not wear the diamond, just the armband and black upper triangle on the left arm. The other picture is one that i do not own but shows a BDM wearing her uniform
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM M7/2 1938 (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik) Hitler Youth Dagger. MY FIRST HJ!   RZM M7/2 1938 (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik) Hitler Youth Dagger. MY FIRST HJ!  

Last edited by Larry C; 03-14-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Thanks for the info, Siegfried! Someone had mentioned that earlier, but I wasn't quite sure. Your picture is the first time I've the diamond insignia attached to a uniform and not loose.

The diamond was brought home as a souvenir by T/Sgt Francis K. Freundorfer of the 35th Evac Hospital...

Did HJ females use Hitler Youth knives?

I made a thread about this, but I am not getting much of a response... Is there any documented usage of HJ Knives in combat? Pictures?

Great HJ Fahrtenmesser! Now you need a Koppelschloss or two. One of any of these things just isn't enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast