MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Hitler Youth Knife for Review, RZM M7/6

Article about: Greetings everyone, I picked this one up at a flea market recently and I'm fairly certain that it's authentic, but I would like to get some other opinions before I sell it. It is about as sa

RZM
    ?

Default Salty Hitler Youth Knife for Review, RZM M7/6

Greetings everyone,

I picked this one up at a flea market recently and I'm fairly certain that it's authentic, but I would like to get some other opinions before I sell it. It is about as salty as they come with the quillion broken and a crack in the grips, but otherwise it appears complete. It is marked "RZM M7/6" which I understand is H.&F. Lauterjung. The scabbard is in good condition with the leather strong and supple. There are the initials "EK" lightly engraved into the back side of the scabbard.

Assuming it's authentic, would $125 be too much to ask when I go to sell it? HJ items are not my thing, so any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Hitler Youth Knife for Review, RZM  M7/6   Salty Hitler Youth Knife for Review, RZM  M7/6  

Salty Hitler Youth Knife for Review, RZM  M7/6   Salty Hitler Youth Knife for Review, RZM  M7/6  

Salty Hitler Youth Knife for Review, RZM  M7/6  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Hitler Youth Knife for Review, RZM  M7/6
    P
    Many

I am moving this to the Daggers and Swords Forum where it will likely receive more attention.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

RZM
    ?

Thanks Bob!

?

It's def a real one, though a bit salty as mentioned. $125 sounds like a fair price to me
    I sold one here a while back for $175, but it was in a little better shape than this one.

RZM
    ?

Thanks for the info Dean! I wish it were in better shape, but I guess it shows it's age. I kinda like how it looks, minus the broken quillion.

?

Original but salty as the see
    For someone who needs a scabbard this just might be right, but i wouldnt pay a penny more then 85 dollars.

Ger

I,too, could not see investing $125 into a dagger in this condition. It will never be of good value except, perhaps, as Ger suggested, for a few of it's parts for a restoration project, but it is, at least authentic.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

RZM
    ?

I had contemplated parting it out, but I will leave that for the next person to do. I just don't like separating things that have been together for 70+ years. I guess this one is rough enough to warrant doing so, though! I thought about keeping it as a filler until I can find a better one.