Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

solingen richart knife i was originally under the impression was a hitler youth knife,but now not so sure

Article about: I'm Andy many years ago my grandad picked up this knife and someone,who i dont know told him it was a hitler youth knife.my grandad was an avid coin collector and would communicate with the

Default solingen richart knife i was originally under the impression was a hitler youth knife,but now not so sure

I'm Andy

many years ago my grandad picked up this knife and someone,who i dont know told him it was a hitler youth knife.my grandad was an avid coin collector and would communicate with the british museum and other collectors (he was treasurer of a numismatic society) he had many contacts in the field of antiques,so if he was under the impression it was a hitler youth knife i would have thought there must be some grounding in reality of this opinion,although people make mistakes!
    I am very curious to find the origin of this,1 of many knives in my collection which includes a fairburn sykes commando knife that came from the leg of his commando friend when grandad was an armourer in the REME in the war! the fellow would go to my grandad to get his knives cleaned! he had 2,1 on each leg! some years ago spinks of london tried to tell me it wasnt GENUINE! so even the apparently informed can be wrong!solingen richart knife i was originally under the impression was a hitler youth knife,but now not so sure

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement solingen richart knife i was originally under the impression was a hitler youth knife,but now not so sure
    P
    Many

Default Re: solingen richart knife i was originally under the impression was a hitler youth knife,but now not so sure

Hello Andy, Welcome to the Forum, From the photos,it looks like a normal civilian hunting knife. I see no connection to the Hitler Youth or any other Third Reich Organization.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Re: solingen richart knife i was originally under the impression was a hitler youth knife,but now not so sure

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Hello Andy, Welcome to the Forum, From the photos,it looks like a normal civilian hunting knife. I see no connection to the Hitler Youth or any other Third Reich Organization.
    Thanks Wagriff for your warm welcome and your info on the knife

in time i will post pics of some of my other war relics,although not all german,i have some interesting stuff! like the clamp that my grandad made to put a 303 lee enfield bolt in a vice,his armourers handbook,vietnam era US Helmet and british paratroop Denison smock to name a few

Andy