Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Super catch! very Early Henckels Hj Fahrtenmesser with Motto and 100% crossgrain!

Article about: This is my latest catch! came from a Theater attic in Amsterdam. Its a Hj Knife by Henckels-Zwillingswerk. Its has the early type scabbard with just 1 spring, the cotton on it is white and l

?

Matty, Wags

The Henckels i had came with a black leather hanger, ive seen early Henckels & other makers come with brown or black scabbard hangers, some get swapped over by the hj boys & vets ect imo, this hanger is stamped with oakleaf & LFS which i believe is the logo for the company that made the leather hangers.

Regards Mac 66.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04770.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	670069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04769.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	670068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04768.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	670067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04767.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	670066

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Matty the earliest ones are found in brown leather and with only 1 inside scabbard spring.
    Im sure this one belongs to this knife, as ive seen 1 completely identical, also in mint condition in Belgium.

Ive done some reseach regarding this oakleave L F.S marking on the strap.
    This was the major supplyer of the leather straps used on these scabbards, and can be found on numerous makers.
    Ive build a small database with different makers and when i have enough i will post it.

So far i have found just one possible leather factory that could fit the L.F.S. markings, but i cant find the oakleave logo on other products of this company.

Lederwerk
    Sedina
    Finkenwalde

this is one of those things that can take years before proof can be found, but i will try...

Cheers,
    Ger

?

wow ... what a beauty ...gerrit

really a special HJ knife!

William Kramer
    Us and them - and after all were only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows its not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123