Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Transitional HJ knife by Louper?

Article about: I have been offered this knife. I haven't seen the maker before. The knife looks OK to me, but the scabbard is minus the leather strap. Any opinions welcome.

?

Default Transitional HJ knife by Louper?

I have been offered this knife. I haven't seen the maker before. The knife looks OK to me, but the scabbard is minus the leather strap. Any opinions welcome.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YOUTH KNIFE 1A (1).jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	704313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YOUTH KNIFE 1B (1).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	136.0 KB 
ID:	704314Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YOUTH KNIFE 1C (1).jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	704315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YOUTH KNIFE 1D (1).jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	704316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YOUTH KNIFE 1E (1).jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	704317
    Cheers,
    Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Louper was made by Louis Perlmann of Solingen. The name comes from the 1st 3 letters of the 2 names. The knife posted looks fine, but it's a shame that the leather has snapped off of the scabbard, and will, of course, impact the value. Looking about on the internet, I see there are a few "Loupers" available and for fairly reasonable prices. One was complete and in comparable blade condition to this one-it was 130.00€ . Their RZM number is M7/58,by the way.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Alikat..I would say this is an Early Period HJ Knife..not a transitional...which if it were would have that thick squared ricasso..just under the crossguard. Salty knife..but nice Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

alikat,

Thats an early no ricasso hj knife, genuine & i bet it looks better in hand than these pix show

Louper Flamme is a not to often seen maker mark but not rare imo .

Regards Mac 66.
    Last edited by Mac 66; 06-20-2014 at 11:54 PM.

?

$325 is a little steep then, although I do have a good spare scabbard. Many thanks for the education guys.
    Cheers,
    Al

Not a bad little hj knife, the proper wear/scuff area just above the handle plate is from the button of where the leather strap use to be. Price is high for a blade that rough.

?

Hi Al,

i love those early HJ thin blades knives, very well build they are!
    Pity the scabbard has lost its strap.

Ger