Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Transitional HJ knife by Louper?

Article about: I have been offered this knife. I haven't seen the maker before. The knife looks OK to me, but the scabbard is minus the leather strap. Any opinions welcome.

?

Default Transitional HJ knife by Louper?

I have been offered this knife. I haven't seen the maker before. The knife looks OK to me, but the scabbard is minus the leather strap. Any opinions welcome.Transitional HJ knife by Louper?Transitional HJ knife by Louper?Transitional HJ knife by Louper?Transitional HJ knife by Louper?Transitional HJ knife by Louper?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional HJ knife by Louper?
    P
    Many

Louper was made by Louis Perlmann of Solingen. The name comes from the 1st 3 letters of the 2 names. The knife posted looks fine, but it's a shame that the leather has snapped off of the scabbard, and will, of course, impact the value. Looking about on the internet, I see there are a few "Loupers" available and for fairly reasonable prices. One was complete and in comparable blade condition to this one-it was 130.00€ . Their RZM number is M7/58,by the way.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Alikat..I would say this is an Early Period HJ Knife..not a transitional...which if it were would have that thick squared ricasso..just under the crossguard. Salty knife..but nice Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

alikat,

Thats an early no ricasso hj knife, genuine & i bet it looks better in hand than these pix show

Louper Flamme is a not to often seen maker mark but not rare imo .

Regards Mac 66.
    Last edited by Mac 66; 06-20-2014 at 10:54 PM.

?

$325 is a little steep then, although I do have a good spare scabbard. Many thanks for the education guys.

Not a bad little hj knife, the proper wear/scuff area just above the handle plate is from the button of where the leather strap use to be. Price is high for a blade that rough.

?

Hi Al,

i love those early HJ thin blades knives, very well build they are!
    Pity the scabbard has lost its strap.

Ger