Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very early EP&S HJ knife (Rare?)

Article about: Hi, I am thinking of buying this HJ knife by EP&S but not sure if I want to go for it or not, are these rare and hard to come by and if so should I snap it up while I can before the oppo

Default Very early EP&S HJ knife (Rare?)

Hi,
    I am thinking of buying this HJ knife by EP&S but not sure if I want to go for it or not, are these rare and hard to come by and if so should I snap it up while I can before the opportunity is gone or would one be likely to come up somewhere else? I don't want to miss out on a rare knife but also don't want to rush in if it's not that much of deal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance, Andy.
    Very early EP&S HJ knife (Rare?)Very early EP&S HJ knife (Rare?)Very early EP&S HJ knife (Rare?)Very early EP&S HJ knife (Rare?)Very early EP&S HJ knife (Rare?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very early EP&S HJ knife (Rare?)
    P
    Many

It is a rare early HJ knife, very collectable, some people only collect Pack HJ's because of the unique characteristics. Early 1930's. Notice how the pommel is a more pronounced bird head, the use of spanner nuts, the motto is there, quite deeply etched in traditional form and pretty good overall condition. I don't know what the asking price is, but these are not common.

Wow Impressive logo

If Anderson likes it...the rest of the HJ gents will be pleased also.
    The grip plate screws and the birds head pommel are attracting.

Nice find.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Andy,

Snap it up fast if the price is right

eagle head early Pack hjs are not easy to find & much sought after

Cheers Mac 66.

Hi, The asking price is just over £600 British pounds which is about 25% more than the average UK price for a very good condition early standard HJ with a clear motto I don't know if that's about right or not? Cheers, Andy.
    Quote by Anderson View Post
    It is a rare early HJ knife, very collectable, some people only collect Pack HJ's because of the unique characteristics. Early 1930's. Notice how the pommel is a more pronounced bird head, the use of spanner nuts, the motto is there, quite deeply etched in traditional form and pretty good overall condition. I don't know what the asking price is, but these are not common.

It was the price that stopped me buying it,I wondered if it was possible to get one in better condition for the price but I havent found another early Pack HJ for sale to compere condition & price, I do like this one regards ,paul

Yes, it's nice and original.
    This might help
    Pack HJ collection

Wow! What a beautiful collection you have a very impressive display indeed. What do you think of the price I was quoted? though obviously you are in the USA and prices for third Reich Militaria generally seem much better in the states than here in the UK but then your troops bought loads of booty home where as our men were forbidden to keep anything and everything was supposed to be turned in for denazification or destruction although some did break the rules and brought war booty home.
    My Uncle Albert being one such soldier he was part of the BEF at Dunkirk then went to north Africa then Sicily and into Italy then back to blighty (England) for training and reassignment and then the D Day landings right through to the end he even had to drive one of the bulldozers in Dachau when they were clearing the bodies that were just piled up there, he had been a Dispatch rider with Monty's eighth Army in the desert and Italy but after D day he was attached to US Rangers and spent a lot of time with them but don't know where he was after that but had been at Flensburg right at the end of the War. Unlike a lot of veterans he said he had a great war and loved every minute of it he was young, stupid and careless and loved the adventure and danger. Anyway he came home after the war having not seen his wife my auntie Olive for over three years since his last leave, he and his mate who had joined up with him in the 30's came strolling down the main road in their village with kit bags stuffed with Nazi loot - flags, lugers, daggers medals clocks and all sorts of other goodies he didn't say how he got it all home but he always had access to supplies through another mate which always helps in wartime. My Auntie hated the War and forbade any conversation about it so all Albert's loot was promptly stuffed up into the attic and forgotten about and he could only relive his war stories when he was down the pub or on his allotment without Olive. Then one day in the seventies while Albert was at work a local rag and bone man came round the village on his horse and cart ringing his bell shouting "any old iron or rags" Olive called him over and said "I've got a load of junk you can take" and showed him up to the attic. The rag and bone man got the lot for about £10 and Olive was chuffed to see the back of all that "horrible Hitler stuff!" Albert wasn't at all pleased but at least he still had his memories. That story was told to me over and over when I was a kid and it didn't mean much to me then but when I think about it now it makes me shudder to think the sodding rag and bone man got all that precious hard fought for War booty. Sorry to go off topic and ramble on a bit there but suddenly Albert's story came flooding back to me. God Bless Him!
    Quote by stingray View Post
    This might help
    Pack HJ collection

MAP
    ?

Quote by stingray View Post
    This might help
    Pack HJ collection
    You get all these at Freeport?? LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The blade is not in the best condition, sharpened & polished up !

Scabbard might not be origional to the knife going by the black leather hanger, they are mostly brown leather imo, yes sometimes the hj members swapped scabbards over so no big deal.

I would price it at £500, over £600 is a dealer price, some greedy dealers would ask £800.

Try get the seller down, bargain with the guy.

Cheers Mac 66
    Last edited by Mac 66; 11-17-2018 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast