MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WKC Hitler Youth Knife

Article about: Hi All, I recently picked up this HJ knife which is in pretty good shape.

Default WKC Hitler Youth Knife

Hi All, I recently picked up this HJ knife which is in pretty good shape.

WKC Hitler Youth KnifeWKC Hitler Youth KnifeWKC Hitler Youth Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Hitler Youth Knife
    P
    Many

Is it "Blut und Ehre" marked on the blade?

No its a plain blade

Hello. A very interesting transitional HJ. I like it, the discoloration/patina around the rivets for the grip plates, scabbard, and diamond all look good to me. I think the blade was heavily cleaned, but it looks nice still. I'm only curious as BlackCat pointed out about the lack of the motto. It's interesting at what point during production they ceased the practice? Here's a transitional posted by member Gerrit dated 1939 that had the motto. In any event best regards.

Brian

HJ Fahrtenmesser by WKC dual maker marked

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the input mate, The blade has definitely been highly polished at some point. I'm also not sure when they stopped the motto on these knives but have read they are quite rare with all three marks. Thanks for the link I will have a look

Best Regards

Quote by scottmadoo View Post
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for the input mate, The blade has definitely been highly polished at some point. I'm also not sure when they stopped the motto on these knives but have read they are quite rare with all three marks. Thanks for the link I will have a look

Best Regards
    I would certainly agree, the marking combinations are scarce by total production numbers, pre and post RZM mandates. And it appears that transitional knives were routinely produced with and without the motto, I only wonder why the irregularity. Perhaps a surplus of earlier produced blades (with motto and makers logo) we're later marked with the RZM stamp and manufacturers codes; then assembled and sent out for purchase? But nice score I'd love to pick up a transitional one day too! Kindest regards.

Brian

My understanding is the motto appeared on blades up until August 1938. So a marked 1938 blade could be without one.

?

Gents imo it all depends on the question when were these blades produced?
    Is it 1938 Motto etched stock that was laid aside when later regulations forbidden the etching of the Motto mid 1938?
    Was there a shortness in 1939, so they used the Mottoed blades and stamped them with the 1939 logo? who will tell.
    Fact is so now and then we see a 1938 or 1939 marked blade with a Motto...

Regards
    Ger

?

Nice honest hj by WKC

Regards Mac 66