Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

The worst fake HJ knife ever!

Article about: Hi..ive just started posting on the forum..and an excellent forum it is too! I bought this at a local auction last year..i knew that it was a fake and i only bought it,very cheaply,just to g

Default The worst fake HJ knife ever!

Hi..ive just started posting on the forum..and an excellent forum it is too!

I bought this at a local auction last year..i knew that it was a fake and i only bought it,very cheaply,just to get it off the market as it been doing the rounds between Plymouth's auction houses! I got fed up with seeing it and laughed hard every time when it was constantly described as being original..even though i had pointed out that it was a dreadful fake!

The knife is larger than a genuine HJ. The "motto" has been etched on..badly! There are no markings at all anywhere and the HJ diamond is an obvious copy. The faker has even ground off the lip on the scabbard!

I have an original HJ for comparison..ill post of that on another post.

Heres the pics.....Enjoy!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The worst fake HJ knife ever!   The worst fake HJ knife ever!  

The worst fake HJ knife ever!   The worst fake HJ knife ever!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The worst fake HJ knife ever!
    P
    Many

Default Re: The worst fake HJ knife ever!

That is pretty horrific! Thanks for showing it and it is always education to see even bad items.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Welcome to the forum!

Bad!... but theres worse out there !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

WoW i think that is by far the worst fake out there. when i was 15 i could tell that was a fake lol. Thanks for posting it

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Bad!... but theres worse out there !!

Nick
    I have to agree with you Nick

How do you tell its a fake I just got one and need to know if i got ripped off or not please explain how you knew it was a fake?

Well like he said, the knife is bigger than an original and the motto has been hand etched in the blade. it should be more detailed and bigger.The hilt looks to boxy, also if you flip you dagger where the diamond is facing down and see if it floats (wiggles). The ricasso is to small and should be more dramatic(the only style of youth knifes that didn't have a thick blade is the early type like mine, the transitional and late type had a thick blade with a high ricasso. One way is to see if your scabbard is real is see if it has a casting lip on the top, and see if your scabbard is magnetic the germans never made a alloy scabbard. Also look in side and see if the liner has a coarse cotton, that is one way to see if your scabbard is real( i have yet to see a repo scabbard have this cotton lining.) and last but not least there should be a rzm logo or just a maker mark on the back side of the blade. I will post some pics of a early youth knife. My dagger has seen its fare share of sharpening. you should up load some pics of your dagger and it would be very easy to tell you if it is good or bad

DerekThe worst fake HJ knife ever!The worst fake HJ knife ever!The worst fake HJ knife ever!The worst fake HJ knife ever!The worst fake HJ knife ever!The worst fake HJ knife ever!The worst fake HJ knife ever!

This is not the worst ive seen their is much worse copys