Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Hi habicht, great buckles. Please can we see some pics of the backs?, cheers, Richard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Here are the flip sides
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mecklenburg2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	151699  

Two more...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hesse1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	151700  

And the flip side...

Name:	Hesse2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	151701  

Hi habicht, great buckles. Thanks for showing, cheers, Richard.

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi habicht, great buckles. Thanks for showing, cheers, Richard.
    Ditto !.......
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd upload my latest. On face value it's nothing special just a standard M16 steel Prussian buckle in dark grey/green. But if you look closely this one has it's maker mark of JAD on the front on the laurel bow!! This is very unusual. I have seen a few Saxon ones with the maker S on the front in the same place; but not steel Prussians. Anybody know who JAD was?

Cheers,

Richard.

Name:	DSCN0002.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	251.1 KB 
ID:	153606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0001.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	153607  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0003.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	153608  

Richard, nice buckle, I saw one like this on E-Bay earlier in the week, was it that one ? its a super buckle, I was going to have a go on the one on E-Bay, but financially im still reeling over the purchase of a M95 Prussian Shako !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."

Hi Steve, yeah well spotted, it's the ebay one It came very cheaply (to my mind) @ 17:86; but the vendor hadn't noticed the maker mark. I bet the M95 Prussian Shako is very nice though, Cheers, Richard.

Richard, what a great price, (on the auction photo I had noticed the mm on the front) just goes to show there are bargains out there on E-Bay !...yes the Tschako is cool, I will photo and post over the weekend, that was an E-Bay (France) find, at half the price of a dealer item, so I think we both did well !
    Prost ! Steve.