Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Hello,

by the Prussion M47 Buckle:

yes, 4 solders ist the earlyst... than 3... later version exist with 2.
    A very rare version has no solder. There also existed a Trial M47 version in Alloy.

Captured Buckles of the kingdom of Hanover, adopted with a Prussian shield, have one bif solder.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Hi Sleepwalker, thanks for the great info. I think we've all got a lot to learn from you. I'm glad you've joined this thread, Cheers, Richard.

saxon buckle : Koppelschloss für Mannschaften zu Fuß der berittenen Truppen, Oekonomie-Handwerker und Krankenwärter / Schloss zum Leibriemen mit Hängeriemen für berittene (einschließlich berittene Trainsoldaten) der Fußartillerie. Zeugfeldwebel und Zeugserganten

produced until 1895.

Maker: Osang Dresden
    Stamp: 12.A.6.III = Königlich Sächsisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr.12, 6. Kompagnie, III Garnitur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  

Saxon Buckle: Koppelschloss für Zeugfeldwebel und Zeugserganten und Zahlmeister sowie Schirrmeister bei dem Pionierbataillon.

made by alpaca and brass medallion.

very rare service example, produced until 1895. Early version with screws.

Hallmark of Osang
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Brilliant buckles

Hello Gentlemen,

You have some fantastic buckles, Sleepwalker Thank you for sharing them and your knowledge with us here. Richard, I love your latest Bavarian and I agree, a very careful and sympathetic cleaning job.

I haven't had any Imperials to speak of lately but here are images of a couple. The first is one I was considering. It looks like a very correct and authentic model 1895 to my eyes...in superb condition and perhaps with a transitional steel roundel?

I am also curious to know what you guys think about this larger size Prussian with no solder points... I have seen this type once before and have always considered it suspect but now am not sure. Is this the rare version you are are referring to, Sleepwalker or do we think this is a fake/reproduction? I apologize that the photos are less than ideal. Also, how then were the roundels attached if not by solder points?

Best to you all,
    Adam

Attached Images Attached Images Imperial German Buckles.  Imperial German Buckles. 

My apologies as the photos were not loaded in the correct order. Here is also a larger photo of the reverse of the M1895 Prussian.
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial German Buckles. 

Thanks Adam. I saw the top buckle & wasn't sure about it. I'm very interested to see what Sleepwalker says, Cheers, Richard.

Hi, Richard. By top buckle I assume you are meaning the one without solder points? Yes, I would be very interested in what Sleepwalker has to say as well since I have never seen these in any of the references and have always regarded them as suspect. Do you agree the M1895 is original?

Best,
    Adam

Hi Adam, yeah I mean the one without solder points. I'm not sure about these either; yours certainly has some age to it though. The M1895 looks fine, Cheers, Richard.

Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast