Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Hi Chaps, here's my first group of buckles. I'm going to do them state by state. As there was a couple requests for unit marked buckles I'm starting with the rest of my Saxony buckles. First up a standard 1895 pattern maker marked Wimmer & Lewy, Leipzig, 1914. Sadly not unit marked.

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Next, another 1895 maker marked G.H. Osang; but no date!?! It's unit marked 104.R.II.B. - the 104th I.R. (5th Saxon - Kronprinz) Army Corp, District II.B. Based in Chemnitz. I've also added a postcard of men of the 104th.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  

Next, a steel 1916 pattern maker marked G.H. Osang, Dresden, 1916 (very small print under the roller. Hope the photo shows it!!) It's unit marked 103R - the 103rd I.R. (4th Saxon). Based in Bautzen. Unit marked steel buckles are rarely found, steel being a hard metal to stamp. I've also added a postcard of men of the 103rd.

Imperial German Buckles.  

Last one, a grey painted steel 1916 pattern maker marked on the tab ???alde, Waldhelm, 1916. Also on the tab it's unit marked 134R - the 134th I.R. (10th Saxon). Based in Pladen. Again I've added a postcard of men of the 134th post marked 1909.

?

Hi Richard , lovely buckles , and i love the postcards to go with them , that`s a nice touch

cheers Al

Great buckles! Thanks for showing. It's amazing how most of the unit marked buckles are Saxon!!

You've got some real nice pieces there!
    Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Al & Rob,
    Here's my Wurttemburgers. First up a 1847 pattern buckle.
    It was probably captured by a tommy and worn as a 'hate belt' buckle as you can see the front has been engraved Ypres & Somme.
    I've added a postcard of a Gefreiter from the 119th I.R.(1st Wurttemburg Gren. R. - Konigin Olga) based in Stuttgart as he is wearing an 1847.

Cheers,

Richard.

Imperial German Buckles.  

Next a standard 1895.

Next another 1895; but this one has a slightly smaller roundal. It's a nice quality buckle, shame about the dent

Lastly a steel example that looks like it started life with a silver wash. Maker marked JD17. Possibly Julius Dinnebier; but I'm not sure. Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,

Richard.

Imperial German Buckles.  

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast