Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

I can only think it was a production mistake. It wouldn't make it very comfortable to wear!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Regarding the "Finnish" buckle in post #352, the catch is a well-known reproduction type.

Chip

?

if you have not seen such buckles it doesn't mean that it forgery. links to such reproduction or photo such buckles

The Finnish buckle catch- it looks to me to be the "C" type catch, which I think of as being earlier than the "brdge" type catch in German buckle styles. What did I miss that makes it a common fake?
    I know my three or four finnish army buckles have a VERY different type catch, more of a "crank" shape. but, I am not sure that a "c" would be out of the range of possiblities. What I can't see is the prongs, on my computer, which is not a great detailed screen, they look like a modern cut. But, this may be jsut my old eyes!
    jagdhorn But, saying that, if I had a chance to get this buckle, I would.

?

The prongs are sliced off with some cutting device. The angle of the cut prongs is the same on all of these buckles. I haven't seen this medallion on this type of buckle, but I have seen the catch many times.

Chip

?

I bought it in scandinavia on the medallion emblem of the city turku.I guess maybe made handicraft during the short Finnish civil war 1917. Therefore deficiencies in manufacturing. i would like to see an image of similar buckles.

Richard, the buckle arrived today and you can clearly see the line where the ears had been bent. Someone decided to straighten them at some stage, maybe a masochist.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Tom, very odd It can't have been comfortable to wear; but I have seen others like this, Cheers, Richard.

New one arrived today. A Wurttemburg Buckle with belt.
    Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18) Belt & buckle.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	211467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18) Obverse 1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	211472  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18) Rear1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	211474  

Very nice buckle & belt set