Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Shot!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    What is this buckle?
    No idea

?

photos of a buckle sell on ebay. I showed the my similar buckle on page 35. buckle made of iron and was covered with gold.
    to me answered -''like an original steel m16; but it wouldn't have originally been painted gold''???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    photos of a buckle sell on ebay. I showed the my similar buckle on page 35. buckle made of iron and was covered with gold.
    to me answered -''like an original steel m16; but it wouldn't have originally been painted gold''???
    I don't like the look of that one either.

?

I saw the iron buckles with a gold-plated. I think it's early model M15 - M16 before they were painted. Or these buckles was not?

You could be right. I'm really not sure.

?

my the reverse side of the buckle in patina. remove the patina, you see a gold coating. it is difficult to forge. easier made a brass buckle.

Hello,

I also have a similar buckle in my collection for many years. It is made of steel like an ordinary war made buckle, but it is copper plated with a thin layer of "gold" wash over it
    The finish is similar to the steel version of the Kriegsmarine buckle in gold color (not painted)

In my opinion, such a buckle could have been made to replace the tombak models sold before the war for the walking out uniforms, some kind of "ersatz" but not regulations item

?

can be. what model we do not know. One can only speculate.

Can anyone lend me their thoughts on this Imperial Saxon buckle? Appears to have a correct H. Aurich - Dresden - 1915 date on the back. But I am a bit confused by the use of a steel buckle with field gray paint with a soldered roundel. Is this a mid-war pewter/steel piece that was field painted?

Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast