Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

?

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Hervé. thank you for your response.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Hi All, Maxrsx you'll like this one. As you can see it's a gilded steel M15 buckle. It looks like it's plated not painted or lacquered. As you can see the prongs aren't gilded (neither is the pin) which indicates it was gilded before assembly,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Attachment 365824
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.  
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 07-02-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Here's the other pic

1915brass.jpg
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 07-02-2012 at 06:43 PM.

?

Yes Richard , I really like this buckle. In my buckle the prongs gilded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.  

That's a good picture. You can see the wear on the back made by the belt.

?

Yes can see the wear on the back made by the belt. It means that a buckle the original. And such models existed. Richard you are precisely sure that it М15 model?

Chaps, have any of you guys got any imperial buckles with prongs shaped like this with a step in it? I have this early Weimar period Feuerwehr buckle probably made by one of the early makers and trying to identify it?

Thanks

Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  
    Ben

Hello,

this kind of Feuerwehr buckle of the imperial era and early twenties can be found in nickel silver with tombak medaillon as shown by Ben
    It also exists in brass with nickel silver medaillon and there is another version in 50 mm width box in nickel silver and tombak medaillon soldered by mean of a large central spot

These buckles are indeed very attactive and of high quality of workmanship, as usually found during the imperial period

Best regards, Hervé

I don't get why collectors make their belt so short? I think full and original condition belt is more expensive. But i'm not expert. Just mention...

Quote by Mussolini View Post
    I don't get why collectors make their belt so short? I think full and original condition belt is more expensive. But i'm not expert. Just mention...
    You will find it was more than likely the previous owners who shortened the belts, with the rationing of food during the late stages of the war there were no overweight soldiers around, and to compensate they cut down their belts to make them fit properly, made more holes in the belt to make it shorter, hope this makes sense ?
    Ben

Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast