Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

(Re: Imperial German Buckles.Hi All, Maxrsx you'll like this one. As you can see it's a gilded steel M15 buckle. It looks like it's plated not painted or lacquered. As you can see the prongs aren't gilded (neither is the pin) which indicates it was gilded before assembly,

Cheers,

Richard.)

I have one like this as well. Shallow stamping of the crown face, and a trace of golden/guilding on the back. I have been told by a metal plating place that it is nothing., but I was just looking again for the ???time, and it is not rust, not paint, and not really gold. I think it was done early in the first war to simulate the brass/tombec buckles, at a time where ersatz gear and poorly finished material was thought to be a momentary aberation until the victory in 1916 or maybe early 1917!
    Patrick
    Attachment 365824

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

My first war time Wurt buckle. Thoughts? Based on the look of it, I believe it to be an M15 pewter model. The roundel is a bright silver color and has a small dent in it (difficult to see in the photo) and is non-magnetic. The buckle and the roundel have a darker grey (almost a grey-blue) paint over them that has worn off in some spots.

Here is a better photo that shows the color of the paint and the shine of the roundel.

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    You will find it was more than likely the previous owners who shortened the belts, with the rationing of food during the late stages of the war there were no overweight soldiers around, and to compensate they cut down their belts to make them fit properly, made more holes in the belt to make it shorter, hope this makes sense ?
    Thank You for Your answer!
    Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.
    I understand that war time was hard and soldiers making little bit shorter their own belts. But like we see on that image (from this thread), then lot of belt's are too small. I think this is how collectors act in some reason. Or am i wrong?

PS! Sorry about my terrible english, that's why i post so little. I understand more than i can write.

?

Quote by Mussolini View Post
    Thank You for Your answer!
    Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.
    I understand that war time was hard and soldiers making little bit shorter their own belts. But like we see on that image (from this thread), then lot of belt's are too small. I think this is how collectors act in some reason. Or am i wrong?

PS! Sorry about my terrible english, that's why i post so little. I understand more than i can write.
    I don't see any belt on a photo. I see buckle together with leather support tab. Here belt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.  

Quote by maxrsx View Post
    I don't see any belt on a photo. I see buckle together with leather support tab. Here belt.
    Leather support tab? This is surprise to me. Thanks!

?

Tab is used to prevent spoiling the fabric of tunic in contact with post sleeve. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/

Is this the same type as the first buckle posted? If so, is there a makers mark on yours? This does not appear to have any mark.Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.

Looks like either the disk is bigger or box is smaller, otherwise a similar buckle.

Tom

?

Quote by JMStevens View Post
    Is this the same type as the first buckle posted? If so, is there a makers mark on yours? This does not appear to have any mark.Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.Imperial German Buckles.
    Good standard buckle model M95. Marked mark rare for them.

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast