Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

I have read the post on the topic of stamped brass 1895 type buckles and thought I would post two that I picked up today from an antique dealer who buys estates. All brass except for the pin. The discussion continues.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

?

Default belt buckle wwi

What this buckle? Fake? The post-war veterans? Original?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  

?

It's a reproduction. The shiny prong base is a known feature of fakes.

?

Thanks for the answer. I thought so fake.

?

Default Arrived today, thought I would share.

Hope of interest.

Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  

?

Nice buckle.I have similar buckle.

Picked up a very neat 40mm buckle yesterday. I saw the same one posted by iach470 on the first page of this string. I placed it next to a standard size buckle for prospective.

cheers,
    Henry.

Imperial German Buckles.  

?

Nice piece,

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Hey, guys. I haven't had an Imperial to show or discuss here in quite a while but hopefully soon I'll have some new ones in hand. In the meantime I am curious to hear any thoughts on these two buckles.

The first is a Prussian, the authenticity of which I am not sure and with a method of affixing the roundel that I have seen before on a few questionable Imperial buckles. For some reason (and perhaps it's just me) I haven't seen many original examples like this. Also, while I think the roundel is steel, it does appear to have a darker coloration than the steel box, giving it a "stand out" appearance.

Secondly is a Bavarian which struck me as interesting for a few reasons. Firstly, the box is "earless" which I believe is fairly uncommon. Furthermore, I have never seen a one-piece earless example like this. While I think the buckle box is probably good, it is a little odd that the pin shroud/claws and the catch seem in somewhat different condition. Also not sure if this one would have been painted as some point.

Anyways, an interesting couple buckles and any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!

Best,
    Adam
    Holy thread resurrection Batman.....

Sorry to drag up a very old post, but that Prussian with fold over tabs. I've just picked up one exactly the same. Did you ever get any feedback on it???

Preußen Jäger

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast