Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Hi Chaps, I know this one is not strictly a buckle; but I thought I'd post it as it's made from buckle parts. As you can see it's a 'trench art' crucifix. It's been made using 2 buckle roundals (one normal & one 'cadet') & mauser bullets. I feel it's a commercially made item for sale to troops as it's very well made.

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0001.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	54031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0002.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	54032  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0003.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	236.5 KB 
ID:	54033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0004.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	54034  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

First time I see one of these with Jesus affixed. Lots of work went into that one. THanks for sharing!

Rob

Thanks Rob, yeah it's a solidly made thing. The sort of cross a Roman Catholic soldier would have used for prayers.

Cheers,

Richard.

Hi chaps, there are some cracking buckles here, lots of unusual buckles and maker marked buckles, good thread Richard and very interesting
    Ben

A really super informative thread and may it continue.

Could any of you "Imperial" chaps throw some light on this very odd buckle, which I have previously shown within the "Belt Buckles of the Third Reich" forum - without success.

Austro Hungarian "Sturmtruppen" ?

Regards,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	530 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	61858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	316 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	61859  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	61860  

Hi David North, i would love to oblige, however the symbol (skull/grenades) isnt Imperial German, it is i believe an unofficial KuK (Austro-Hungarian army) symbol/roundal, the actual buckle looks to be a genuine, probably German made as its construction is correct, especially the 'prongs/bar' assembly (as opposed to known 'fakes'), i think that the silver roundal has been replaced at some time, as the area on the rear looks to be 'cleaner' around the centre/solder points of the buckle as to the rest of the buckle, doesnt have the same patina. Probably worn post WW1 by veterans. There is a known fake similiar to this but is one piece with Germanic script.

Here it is !...... picture from das.koppelschloss.de
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Many thanks for this valuable information.

Actually, I have never doubted for one moment the authenticity of this buckle as it came with a group of perfectly original, German "Stahlhelmbund" buckles.

KuK sounds reasonable to me and possibly, a post 1918 "commemorative" buckle ?

Who is M & G ?

Regards,

David

I dont know this maker, see if DUJAILAH can help out, he has a lot of buckles, mybe he knows ?.......

Hi David, yes it looks like a KuK buckle. I'll do some research & get back to you. Cheers, Richard.

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast