Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Imperial German Buckles.

Article about: Next, 3 buckles with identical bodies but with different makers/sellers on the tabs. This design is by far my favourite. Really classy feel IMO. Each buckle is finished differently, one galv

Default Imperial German Buckles.

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd start this thread to see if there was any interest. First up, a standard 1895 pattern pre/early war Prussian (and other smaller states) brass & nickel silver O/R's buckle. The tab is dated 1913 & I think the maker is A.S. Niemeyer (difficult to read)

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial German Buckles.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Imperial German Buckles.

Great idea Richard, i look forward to seeing more......most of mine are on belts holding equipment on mannaquins, so ill have to photograph in situ, or there will be a awful lot of undressing to do......if you know what i mean !

Next, a Saxon 1895 pattern maker marked H. Aurich, Dresden 1914. This one is unit stamped (like a lot of Saxony ones) 101R (the elite 2nd Saxon R. - Kaiser Wilhelm King of Prussia) garrisoned in Dresden.

I've also added a postcard of this unit in the trenches. If anyone could translate the back I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Buckles.   Imperial German Buckles.  

Imperial German Buckles.  

Lastly (for the moment) here's a rarer one. An 1895 to the Mecklenburg-Schwerin state (89th & 90th R.'s). The maker mark on the tab is faint; but it reads H. Muller & Co, Offenbach a.m. 1914. The tab is held in place by 4 rivets, which is an unusual varient.

Again, I've added a postcard of this unit & anyone could translate the back I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,

Richard.

Hi Oradour, I'll be listing them in dribs & drabs. I've got over 30 & it would be too much all at once. I think my camera would melt

Cheers,

Richard.

Great buckles you have there! I really like them! I'll start with posting some of mine too! Great thread!

I'll start with my 1845 examples.....

Rob

Attached Images Attached Images Imperial German Buckles.  Imperial German Buckles. 

More 1895 examples.....

Imperial German Buckles.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial German Buckles. 

More.....Here's a Tombak example with a Christian cross atop the crown....

Attached Images Attached Images Imperial German Buckles. 

Steel Saxon example.....
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial German Buckles.  Imperial German Buckles. 

Here's a hard to find 40mm variant....

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast