Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial painted black?

Article about: I got this in with a job lot of buckles. The stamping doesn't look as crisp as it should, and it's had black paint over green. This look like a known repro? Also, have you ever seen a genuin

Default Imperial painted black?

I got this in with a job lot of buckles. The stamping doesn't look as crisp as it should, and it's had black paint over green. This look like a known repro?

Also, have you ever seen a genuine black painted imperial Prussian? I'm sure I read somewhere that they were right, but not something I've ever seen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial painted black?   Imperial painted black?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial painted black?
    P
    Many

?

It looks original to me but.....

The black paint (?) could have been applied in service or at any time after.

As far as "crisp", dies wore as they were used and this may have been made toward the end of the die's life.

Lenny, buckle looks good mate, could have been painted black at some point and either aged with wear or was rubbed off and it left the recesses with paint in
    Ben

?

The buckle looks original.! I don't recall ever seeing a black one but Imperial isn't something that actively collect.

Cheers guys, I've got more than my fair share of Imperial Prussians. Just this one looked s bit strange...

?

Bavaria issued black buckles during the war. I have one with a leather tab and have seen several more.

CCMJR