Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle

Article about: Hello, I have a chance to pick up a buckle that I have not seen before and was hoping someone may know more about it. No, photo which I know makes it hard. It two piece constructed brass bod

Default Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle

Hello,

I have a chance to pick up a buckle that I have not seen before and was hoping someone may know more about it. No, photo which I know makes it hard.

It two piece constructed brass body with Got Mit Uns silver crown. The body is longer than the typical buckle and at each end there is a bar? riveted to it. Looks as thought for something to attach to the buckle. The belt is with it. I have not seen it in person yet.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This might help.
    WW1 Brass Telegraph buckle
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Through the bars at the front a so-called Halterung für die Kabeltrommel
    was positioned (see photo). My friend Jürgen Bandau, who wrote a book
    about buckles (Deutsche Koppelschlösser 1800-1945), did include this
    photograph:

Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle

?

Thank You Mr. Saris for showing that pic. I have always known what type of buckle those were. But NEVER seen the "Halterung für die Kabeltrommel " device attached to one

Excellent info once again that is greatly appreciated

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Thank You Mr. Saris for showing that pic. I have always known what type of buckle those were. But NEVER seen the "Halterung für die Kabeltrommel " device attached to one
    Me neither. Thanks for posting this!

My friend Jürgen, who pitily died years agon, already showed the
    photo in an earliest buckle-edition, published by Patzwall. The
    earliest edition with brown cover, was years before the blue cover
    from 1990.

Thanks to everyone for helping me with this buckle!!! That is it, the knowledge on this forum is outstanding! You guys are tops! I was able to obtain the belt and buckle along with a US Army uniform grouping. When It comes in the mail, I will try to post a few photos.

Best Regards,

Mark

Default Telegraph troop Early type

Well I did get the telegraph troop buckle brass construction

Default Telegraph buckle photos, I hope

Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckleLooking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckleplease let me know what you folks think? Looking on this website has taught me a fair amount. As best as I can tell it is original and the first version of the buckle. The belt has been cut and there is something stamped in the middle of the back side of belt but can't make it out.

Default More photos

Some photos of the belt. Anyone able to help with possible value on this set?

Thanks in Advance,

Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle   Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle  

Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle   Looking for info ( ID) on a WW1 German belt buckle  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast