Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit Uns

Article about: Hello I need some help in confirming if my 1st German WW1 belt buckle is authentic or a reproduction or replica? Any information in regards to this belt buckle would be appreciated as this i

?

Default Need Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit Uns

Need Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsHello
    I need some help in confirming if my 1st German WW1 belt buckle is authentic or a reproduction or replica? Any information in regards to this belt buckle would be appreciated as this is my first purchase.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit Uns
    P
    Many

Looks Good to me, Friend...And Welcome to the Forum!
    cheers, Glenn

?

Default heres another photo

Need Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit UnsNeed Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit Uns

?

Glenn, Thank You for the comment. Any particular characteristics to influence your decision? I've been looking at the posts and different topics presented on this page but i cant really find anything out about this particular Brass buckle. Any type of information would be appreciated in regards to this buckle.

I don't see anything indicating that this is a reproduction...There are others here that specialize in these Buckles and will be able to offer you far more detailed information than I can...
    cheers, Glenn

?

It looks like a 1920ies/30ies made buckle. These buckles were still being produced at that time for legitimate reasons (patriotic/veterans/shooting and carnival associations etc.). Characteristic features are the design stamped into the box the particular pin and claw assembly, which was not used on brass army buckles. So my take would be this is an original buckle, but certainly not a pre-1915/16 army issue.

?

I have a couple of Stahlhelm buckles with the same distinctive wide feet on the catch. Both have brass prong bars. I believe Kurt is correct on the time frame.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit Uns   Need Help Fake/Repro One Piece Stamped Brass German Imperial Belt Buckle? WW1 WWI Gott Mit Uns  

Last edited by kirby; 06-11-2017 at 07:42 PM. Reason: ..

?

I would have to agree with Kurt D - as this being a post war one

Hello,

There is 1-particular type of brass Model 1895 Prussian buckle in 1-piece stamped construction that was made wartime, from what I understand. This example shown here was not made during the wartime.

Kirby correctly points out the large wide feet of the catch, which is post-WW1 era.

Another sign that this buckle was not made during WW1 is the Steel Roller Pin and the Steel Angle Clipped Prongs. The Imperial Germans did not use a steel roller pin or angle-clipped prongs on their Model 1895 Brass buckles, they used a brass roller pin, and brass prongs on their M95 buckles. The Steel Angle Clipped Prongs are 3rd Reich or newer era.

Best Regards,

Alan

The O

?

The prongs of this type were not introduced until 1916, so they should not be on a M1895 buckle. The angle-clipped prongs are a long-known sign of a reproduction buckle. The wide feet of this style on the keeper are another feature that was never used in imperial times.

CCMJR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast