Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Prussian steel 2 piece

Article about: Looks like the same maker as yours!

Default Prussian steel 2 piece

Just got in a nice 1915 dated Prussian 2 piece, grey painted steel. I've never seen 2 piece steel buckles, was this a transitional before all steel construction?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian steel 2 piece   Prussian steel 2 piece  

Prussian steel 2 piece   Prussian steel 2 piece  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian steel 2 piece
    P
    Many

Great buckle with a wonderful stamp!

Rob

Hi Lenny, yeah they were a transition between the brass & the single piece steel. I've only seen them dated 1915. They're not that common. There are a few in the main thread, cheers, Richard.

Hi Lenny, check this. Not steel; but 2 piece 1915.

Imperial German Buckles.

&

a 2 piece steel - #68 Imperial German Buckles.
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 03-02-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Very nice buckle mate!...

Cracking set Lenny with great markings
    Ben

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Lenny, check this. Not steel; but 2 piece 1915.

Imperial German Buckles.

&

a 2 piece steel - #68 Imperial German Buckles.
    Nice buckles of yours in those posts, I'm thinking mine has a pewter roundel like yours, similar construction. Happy with it..

Thanks Lenny. That's good news about your buckle. I did wonder; but it's difficult to tell from the pics. You can only tell by handling the buckle. Typically 1915 production & a very good find

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Thanks Lenny. That's good news about your buckle. I did wonder; but it's difficult to tell from the pics. You can only tell by handling the buckle. Typically 1915 production & a very good find
    Well, I thought it was pewter, but didn't know they used pewter just for the roundel. I've seen the completely pewter buckles (would love one) but never just pewter roundel. At first thought it was grey paint like te remnants on the buckle, but it's not. Chuffed with it, now to find a complete pewter one...

They did do one's with a steel body & a pewter roundel. Here's mine. Another variant! So many; but without them collecting would be boring lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian steel 2 piece   Prussian steel 2 piece  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast