Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Saxon M15 2-Piece Steel buckle by RARE Maker, 103rd Reg't Marked

Article about: Here's a buckle I was very lucky to acquire recently. I have been searching for this maker for approximately 10-years, and this is the first time I have ever seen a complete example. I've lo

Default Saxon M15 2-Piece Steel buckle by RARE Maker, 103rd Reg't Marked

Here's a buckle I was very lucky to acquire recently. I have been searching for this maker for approximately 10-years, and this is the first time I have ever seen a complete example. I've looked every day on eBay Germany, France, and USA for this maker, as well as multiple dealer websites, and feel like a kid at Christmas to finally have one in my collection! Photos are from the seller.

Back of buckle is marked "Stimming & Venzlaff, Altenburg, 1916" Side is stamped 103R for the Saxon 103rd Regiment. Altenburg is in the old Saxe-Coburg-Gotha duchy, and soldiers from Altenburg made up part of the 153rd Infantry Regiment.

From my collector experience, these 2-piece steel examples from Saxony are quite difficult to find. And to find one that is Regimental marked in wartime steel is like hitting the jackpot. I only have a couple more M15 Saxon steel or hartzinn/pewter examples that are regimental marked.

I have only ever seen this maker mark one time in the past, on a buckle box without the disk on the front, and the roller pin with the two claw pins on the back were missing, with this maker mark on it. I won that one on an eBay France auction several years ago, and the seller refused to ship it to the USA and therefore cancelled the auction without any recourse for me to pay her the mere $25 for it that the auction ended at and have it mailed to me. What a huge letdown that was at the time, needless to say. I'm extremely happy that this one came from an old collection here in the USA, and I had no problem receiving it.

Best Regards,

Alan

Saxon M15 2-Piece Steel buckle by RARE Maker, 103rd Reg't MarkedSaxon M15 2-Piece Steel buckle by RARE Maker, 103rd Reg't MarkedSaxon M15 2-Piece Steel buckle by RARE Maker, 103rd Reg't MarkedSaxon M15 2-Piece Steel buckle by RARE Maker, 103rd Reg't Marked

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Saxon M15 2-Piece Steel buckle by RARE Maker, 103rd Reg't Marked
    P
    Many

?

Congrats on finding your missing link!!
    I love the unit markings.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Great to find something you have wanted for ages. I forgot I had a steel Saxon buckle. It is a two piece like yours but no markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saxon M15 2-Piece Steel buckle by RARE Maker, 103rd Reg't Marked