Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Cockade placement

Article about: I juat acquired at auction a Bavarian cavalry officer's visor cap, which could be for the two ulan regiments, or the 1st or 2nd Chevaux Leger regiments, with it's steel green body, and crims

?

Default Cockade placement

I juat acquired at auction a Bavarian cavalry officer's visor cap, which could be for the two ulan regiments, or the 1st or 2nd Chevaux Leger regiments, with it's steel green body, and crimson band & piping.
    I knew that the cockades were reversed when I bid, with the Reichskokade on the bottom & Bavarian on top. Upon recieving the cap, they appear to have been mounted this way for a very long time.
    Should I try to put them in " correct" order, or leave as is? Opinions are appreciated.

BobS

Bob, I have seen that as well. Must have been a mistake by the hat maker or the soldier himself--I would leave them as is.

PS--can you post a pic?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

I do not have digital camera ( !! ) , but a friend of mine will take photos soon.
    I switched the cockades today; it was very easy to do, with no harm to the cap. If there would have been any difficulty, I would have left them as they were.