Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Article about: Anton, super caps ! I like the covers for your Pickelhaubes too ! your cammo band has the same markings as mine, 3rd Bavarian Army Korps 1917, great stuff, the markings in your "Dunkelb

Preußen Private Purchase
    Mannschaften Krätzchen:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Default Thoughts on this field cap

I've been wading into the WWI arena with a couple of purchases. So far I've purchased two M16 helmets and a nice Pickelhaube (on the way from Griffin Militaria.)

Not having much knowledge in this area of field caps, I want to ask this group for opinions on this cap that I've found. It's marked K.B.A.IV inside. The two cockades on the front both look to be the national colors, instead of national and state. Other caps, I've noticed, have a different cockade color on the band for the state colors. Is this cap correct with what appears to be two national color cockades?

Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

All the best,
    David

?

Cockades are wrong, they are both officer's nationals. The KBA IV stamp is for the War Clothing Depot, 4th Army Crops.

Thanks for your reply. Now, knowing that cockades are incorrect I'm now wondering about the originality of the cap? Any opinions on whether the cap is actually a WWI period cap?
    All the best,
    David

?

From what I can see, there isn't anything that points to it not being right.

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    This Kraeztchen was part of a hoard of mint, unissued caps found in the 1970s. Allegedly, some were made by Steiff.
    Credit: ww2.collector
    I have one from this same hoard. I guess there were boxes of them. I bought this in 1976 for $28! Wish I had bought a few more. It's marked to the J.R.127 and I have a simplified M1907 FG tunic marked to the same unit.

Had to have one of these, and patience brought one for a fair price. EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Default Bavarian 1917 Einheitsfeldmütze

Some condition issues with this were consistent with the inner markings.
    A scarce find that I hope to upgrade one day. Unusual, but possible, to see the sewn cockades rather than the m1916 split prong style.

Hi, nice Bavarian M17 model cap. Looking at the stamps I think they may well indicate it's issue to the Reichswehr rather than the imperial army. Its for the 19 Infantry Regt, 2nd battalion, 5th Kompanie. The III stamps indicates its the third set and has been an issued piece of clothing.

If you ever want to part with it or are looking to swap please bear me in mind !!!!

cheers

Tony

Here are some of mine.............the M17 is a 1920's re-issue for the Reichswehr

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast