Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Article about: Anton, super caps ! I like the covers for your Pickelhaubes too ! your cammo band has the same markings as mine, 3rd Bavarian Army Korps 1917, great stuff, the markings in your "Dunkelb

ccj
    ?

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEinheitsmutze From Hanseatic Regiment

Last edited by Grausig13; 09-18-2017 at 02:23 AM.

WW1 German Feldmutze for a Kurrissar regt.

I don't like the marking, and the cap looks rather new. Still, anyone able to provide arguments that it could be legit? The price--Ouch! Still unsold on ebay, but over $500

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Hi, can't provide any arguments to say its a good one. You have to look at these very carefully and have the thing in hand to be sure....and even then it's sometimes a leap of faith. It is 100 years old so does look rather new given the circumstances...staining on the inside looks a bit "added".....why is the rest of the ca not damaged ?

rare cap to find in any condition so I would urge caution.

Hope that helps.

cheers

tony

?

Even though kratzchen normally do not interest me, since this one is, if authentic, for my favorite Imperial regiment, KR1, I was watching the auction.
    The stamp, for X AK is incorrect for KR1, who were in VI AK, so that raised doubts.
    As to the final price, notice that one person placed 14 out of 19 bids; either another example of shill bidding, or just rank stupidity.
    No regrets from me.

BobS

Just added this to my collection. I am seriously debating adding the Reichskokarde for a restoration since the original red lozenge remains while the cockade is lost. While I would prefer Bavarian, the KBAG marking makes up for that. This makes two--the other is maker marked with BAXVIII.

I would add the kokade. make it back to how it was originally. nice cap. cheers tony

Prussian Reservist:
    ( Michael Baldwin)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hello,

I came across this thread regarding the feldmutze while doing research. In an early posted description of the cap it states that the coloured band at the base is 3.2cm. I am wondering if this dimension, 3.2cm, is actually the width of the base fabric cap band as it appears that on many examples the coloured band has less width. Two examples I am able to access have bands that are 2.359cm.

The reason for the question is that we are working on a project at the First Division Museum in Wheaton, IL. Our museum is dedicated to the United States Army's 1st Infantry Division. Organizational lore suggests that the original "1's" were cut from the red coloured band taken from captured feldmutzes. The thinking is that the serifed foot of the "1" would be equivalent to the width of the coloured band on the mutze.

Thank you for any assistance or direction you may provide.

Take care,

Bill Brewster
    Chief Curator
    First Division Museum

FB PM sent.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast