Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Article about: Anton, super caps ! I like the covers for your Pickelhaubes too ! your cammo band has the same markings as mine, 3rd Bavarian Army Korps 1917, great stuff, the markings in your "Dunkelb

Default re: EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

ccmjr,

Thanks for the nod on the 1908. They are hard to find !

I have added a state cockade now.............at the time I didn't have an appropriate one.

cheers

tony

here is the later version with the field grey strap and peak

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Plus a private purchase M1908......first I've ever seen. and click on the pic 90 link for the 1908 with cockade now added.

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeAttachment 374550
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gentlemen,

I'm jumping the gun a little, but in hopes of adding this one to the collection soon. It's supposed to be marked BA XIX 1914.

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Anton

Anton...a nice original feldmutze, with Saxon Landes cockade....indeed, the XIX Army Corps is the 2nd Saxon Armee Korps, (West Saxony) HQ at Leipzig and contained the 24th & 40th Infantry Divisions......it will be a fine addition to your collection !
    Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: WW1 German field caps/Feldmutze - Thought on this one?

Appears to have the leather band (that I read earlier makes it a repro?) and no issue stamp. But the maker's stamp looks legit. Did they have private purchase versions? Sorry if I missed the answers to these questions int he previous replies!

Thanks for looking!
    0 Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

Last edited by MikeS0000; 10-31-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Hi

Not my main area of expertise but this one is certainly period but maybe not military as the colour scheme is not one I recognise. I am sure a more experienced collector can identify it. There are private purchase examples od these caps and they do have sweatbands. This one looks as if it is made from artifical leather.

cheers

tony

ccj
    ?

Quote by CCMJR View Post
    Keeping this thread going. Here is another of my caps. B.A.XIX. 1915.

CCMJR

Attachment 360020Attachment 360021
    Chip, this sure would go nice with my LGR100 tunic...

Guys

what are your thoughts on this one ?

It was filthy dirty when I got it and I took a chance and gave it a bath.... it came clean after two washes and now looks new...but that now troubles me ? That said it hasn't been artificially aged and the dirt was well established..... There were no cockades on it when I bought it.

cheers

tony

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Hi,

Posted as my contribution. Please find attached pics. In my humble opinion this is: 1st Bavarian Heavy Cavalry Regiment. No markings. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

Keep the thread going...............a universal field cap.

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast