Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

EM Krätzchen: WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Article about: Anton, super caps ! I like the covers for your Pickelhaubes too ! your cammo band has the same markings as mine, 3rd Bavarian Army Korps 1917, great stuff, the markings in your "Dunkelb

Hi

These are tricky caps to pin down. Great photographs by the way.

I have never seen the "white" example before so can't comment unless it is a fatigues cap but looks home made to me......

The einheitsmütze looks real late war by the wool/mix used but seems a bit unusal in style and design, what do the stamps tell us ? Can't quite make them out.

Have to say I am on the fence with them at the moment but have my fingers crossed that they are good. Others who know more will hopefully help us.

cheers

Tony

is the white one a type of "work" company?

?

Default Advice please

Hi , Would you please cast your expert eyes over this and let me know your thoughts,

Cheers Guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze   EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  

Hi

Looks ok on these pictures.

cheers

Tony

Nice breakdown of the Husaren Rgts:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Default Feldmütze or service mütze?

Hallo. I acquired this from the estate of a WWI 104th Trench Mortar Battalion veteran (29th Division) and am trying to identify who would have worn this. The manufacture is wonderfully done, with piping and headband in the same tone, and lining in yet another colour thin cotton. The weave of the materials is very tight. I like to think I can see traces of some markings, but they are impossible to decipher.

EM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/FeldmutzeEM Krätzchen:  WW1 German Field caps/Feldmutze

Thank you!
    Fritz.

?

Hello Fritz,

That's an interesting cap. Cotton canvas is certainly unusual. Frankly, it could be anything from a POW cap, to something issued for home use only. Without any markings and with no real reference available on all cotton caps, we may never know the intended purpose for such a cap. The source is certainly makes for a good provenance. Wish I could add something constructive.

CCMJR

Thank you! This seems to be a consensus, and I hope I can get some backing info or photos at some point. I see some of what I would call a work or cook cap in use.

You mention canvas. This is a summerweight, with lining. Materials seem about as thin as a businessman's dress shirt.

?

Quote by Grausig13 View Post
    You mention canvas. This is a summerweight, with lining. Materials seem about as thin as a businessman's dress shirt.
    Grausig13,

It looked like sturdier material in your photos. OK, so, more of a cotton broadcloth, rather than cotton canvas. Thanks for the additional information.

CCMJR

Default Sanitater cap

could you please tell me what year they started using using the kornfower bue band and piping for the medics cap. ty

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast