MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Full metal officer cockade?

Article about: Hello, i have a question. Do you ever have seen 2 part officer cockades (Prussia, Oldenburg, Würtemberg, ...) made out of metal? I mean the backplate of the cokade is normaly made from paint

Default Full metal officer cockade?

Hello,

i have a question. Do you ever have seen 2 part officer cockades (Prussia, Oldenburg, Würtemberg, ...) made out of metal? I mean the backplate of the cokade is normaly made from painted cardboard. I have bought a cockade some time ago and attached it to a visorcap. Now i saw its made 100% of metal, do you saw this on any orginal authentic visorcaps or are these 100% after 1918? I will link a picture of my cockade but at the moment attached to the cap.

Greetings
    Edelweiß21
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Full metal officer cockade?  

Hi, I have a field grey WW1 german cap with both full metal cockades for the national colours and Prussia state. Not seen very commonly and I'm not sure if these cockades are post or made during WW1.

cheers

Tony

Hello Tony,

thank you for your answer! Interesting cap you have there. I never saw these cockads, i think this cap got worn by the early Reichswehr. This metal wreath reminds me on the Wehrmacht ones, i dont know if the Reichswehr had similar ones. Or maybe Freikorps. But i dont think it was this way before 1918.

Greetings
    Edelweiß21

MAP
    ?

I'm not well versed but here are two close ups of a visor I just bought. Both pieces I think are made of metal...or so I thought

But again, not sure if this is what you are talking about. Here is the link and some pictures.

Prussian Infanterie Dunkelblau Visor???

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm not well versed but here are two close ups of a visor I just bought. Both pieces I think are made of metal...or so I thought

But again, not sure if this is what you are talking about. Here is the link and some pictures.

Prussian Infanterie Dunkelblau Visor???

Hello Map,

yes you are right. The ring is made of metal, but the riffled backplate is made of painted cardboard. You can tell it from the edges, they are scraped a little bit and you can see its cardboard. Nice Visorcap!

Greetings
    Edelweiß21

Hi

The cap is badged for the provisional reichswehr. The wreath was introduced in 1919. The cap is the 1908 pattern field grey cap and the cockades I believe are maybe war time manufacture and are all metal.
    The question whether they made metal wreaths after the 1918 war is something I don't know the answer too....sorry.

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    Hi

The cap is badged for the provisional reichswehr. The wreath was introduced in 1919. The cap is the 1908 pattern field grey cap and the cockades I believe are maybe war time manufacture and are all metal.
    The question whether they made metal wreaths after the 1918 war is something I don't know the answer too....sorry.

cheers

Tony
    Thanks for your answer! The prussia cockade remind me on the Unteroffizer Cockads on a Pickelhaube. Maybe a very noble Unteroffizier? The Black White Red is not pre 1918 i would say.

Greetings
    Edelweiß21