Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Husar skull

Article about: Hello , what do you say ? Good skull ?

Default Husar skull

Hello , what do you say ? Good skull ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Husar skull   Husar skull  

Husar skull   Husar skull  

Husar skull  

CBH
    ?

I'm not sure about it , it lacks some detail and I'm not a fan of the soldering job on the back , usually these have metal tabs for mounting . Here is a photo of mine , I'm sure you'll get more replies .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Husar skull   Husar skull  

I too have doubts.

CBH
    ?

I would think there would be some remains of solder for attachment tabs , also the sagittal suture is shorter and not as visible on the reverse as on mine .

Thanks for the good word. Husar skull is a lot of models , how to judge good ? You can see them in pictures , brain boils.

Regards Darek

CBH
    ?

Well I know the history of mine since WWI , when brought home by a Canadian Nursing Sister and given to her brother from whom I obtained it . Also vetted on this site and one devoted to WWI Items . Thats how I judge mine as original .

I do not judge your skull. Your skull is great and 100% good. Husar skull a very heavy topic.
    The dream to have such a skull what your.

Regards Darek

CBH
    ?

I'm sorry if reply came off a curt . Nobody likes to here that something is fake , I know I don't . But your " how do you judge " comment threw into question where I know what I'm talking about or not . On this item I've learned as much as I could and gladly share this information . These are very rare items with many repros made in the last 100 years . I simply wanted to show what to look for in an Original . The seams on the forehead should show on the underside , and there should be brass tabs for mounting . Just a couple of things to remember when looking for an period piece . I hope you didn't pay too much and or can get your money back . Best of luck finding an original , and in all collecting endeavours .