Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?

Article about: I bought the following items from a fellow collector early this year, but I almost forgot about them until yesterday. I would like to know what they are worth, if possible. I am aware that t

?

Default Re: Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?

Of course, all of this is true, but some pricing guidance would help the seller from selling too cheaply. Just saying the items are worth what someone is willing to pay is somewhat misleading. For instance, someone who would be willing to buy for speculation purposes would pay less than someone who wanted the items for their collection.

CCMJR

Default Re: Imperial German Navy (Kaiserliche Marine) U-Boat Cap Ribbons and tellermutze. What are they worth?

Quote by CCMJR View Post
    Of course, all of this is true, but some pricing guidance would help the seller from selling too cheaply. Just saying the items are worth what someone is willing to pay is somewhat misleading. For instance, someone who would be willing to buy for speculation purposes would pay less than someone who wanted the items for their collection.

CCMJR
    Very true, you won't get an arguement from me on that, but in my world, here where I live you are lucky to get half of what the item may be worth, so lets say something online goes for $100 or so, the economy here is not the greatest, I don't know where you live, but you might get 50 or so for it here, but then online or if you advertise alot, you might get more. I have found that some TR items I have, which I have no reference to online or anywhere else, when you post them here, and ask for a value, you generally do not get any comments, cause folks do want to mislead the seller/or buyer. IMO. Here is an example: The Red Cross flag.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...rmation-69379/

But sure it helps to have a reference, the only reference to this flag I could get was on Synders Treasures, and it was valued at $3000, I know I could not get that here at our market prices lol
    I'm going to get some of my friends to take a look at these, to see what they think to give you an idea Stinschen
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 09-24-2011 at 07:24 PM.

?

I would never try to sell something where I live. There just aren't that many collectors here that know about or can appreciate items. Due to the economy, I have been selling most of my extras on German Ebay. Prices are considerably higher in Europe. All the major collectors watch this auction and as a bonus, I get paid in Euro.

Another concern is with the advance in prices over the last few years. One could easily sell too cheaply if not familiar with current trends. Collectors like me, who have been buying things for over forty years are easily shocked at the prevailing prices and might have little clue of what they should be asking.

CCMJR

I bought these ribbons for very little cash, so I suppose they are not worth that much. Thats just my opinion, but again Im new to all this. Hopefully some day I will learn.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Stinschen,

Are the ribbons full length or cut down? If they are full length, I would guess that they are worth a minimum of 70-80 Euro each. I would have to ask an expert to get something more precise.

CCMJR

I will take a look at them tomorrow.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    I bought these ribbons for very little cash, so I suppose they are not worth that much. Thats just my opinion, but again Im new to all this. Hopefully some day I will learn.
    Just sent you a PM

Oradour might have some info to help ya

I just removed the Vulkan band from the wooden plate that it had been taped onto, very carefully though. It appears to be about 112 cm.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2