Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial German Visor

Article about: I have had this cap for about 10 years and would appreciate any help identifying it. Apologies for the poor photos. Thank you,nic.

Default Imperial German Visor

I have had this cap for about 10 years and would appreciate any help identifying it. Apologies for the poor photos. Thank you,nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Visor   Imperial German Visor  

Imperial German Visor   Imperial German Visor  

Imperial or later visor cocarde is Saxony so I would say ww1 Saxon example of some sort. I like it just my thoughts. timothy

Thank you for the info Timothy.

Hi Nic

what colour is he cap please ?

Looks green on these pictures but is it nearer field grey ? also what is the width of the cap band and the size of the peak from front to tip?

The name tag indicates Inft Regt 5th Company but the white piping colours are not for Imperial Infantry as they wore red piping ?

Intriguing cap.

cheers

Tony

I have taken a few pictures in natural daylight. The cap is black with a green central band which has a 4 cm width. The cap peak from top to bottom is 4 cm...I took this measurement at the centre part of the visor starting from the base of the central band. Thank you, nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial German Visor   Imperial German Visor  

cheers for the better pictures and the clarification on colours..............honest answer is that I don't know what the cap is for !

The colour combination are not one I am familiar with for the armed forces, may be an administrators cap or police official at a guess....

sorry can't be more specific.

tony

Thank you Tony for your help. I will have to see if I can locate the catalogue I bought it from to see what the seller claimed it was! Thank you, nic.