Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Navy Hat Buttons

Article about: I have a set of chin strap buttons from a navy peaked hat . I think they must be hard to find , and I like to know what you think of them . I do need a WW2 set of buttons and chin strap for

CBH
    ?

Default Navy Hat Buttons

I have a set of chin strap buttons from a navy peaked hat . I think they must be hard to find , and I like to know what you think of them . I do need a WW2 set of buttons and chin strap for a Infantry peaked hat , do you think thats a fair trade ?
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Hat Buttons   Navy Hat Buttons  

Default Re: Navy Hat Buttons

Hello,

i am afraid these two buttons are not imperial navy ones, but civilian buttons for the imperial yacht club

The 3 gothic letters K Y C are clearly visible and stand for Kaiserliche Yacht Club

Best regards

Hervé

CBH
    ?

Thank you for the information Herve . I just assumed they were Navy , but that is why I posted them . I knew someone here would know . I guess there isn't that many Yacht Club collectors out there , you wouldn't have a photo of these on a hat ,would you ?
    Cheers Chris

Hello Chris,

I have no photo of KYC members, but these buttons were used on headgear and on jackets and various sizes existed for the different uses intended
    The photo shows that the two buttons are not of the same size, the one on the right seems slightly smaller

Regards, Hervé

CBH
    ?

It must be the photo , they are the same size . They are small , shoulder or hat strap size . Thanks for the information .
    Cheers Chris