Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)

Article about: Next is a rare visor. This is for an Officer of the Garde-Schutzen-Batl. (Berlin) Garde Korps. The green is characteristic of Schuetzen (rifle) Regiments. Band is black velvet:

Sachsen NCO.
    US $501.99
    Attached Images Attached Images Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau) 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Doeskin NCO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)   Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  

Minty schutzen by August Alms of Stadthagen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)   Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  

Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)   Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  

From my cross-town friend (an SOS 2021 score):

1914/1915 Saxon visor of Major Kurt von Einsiedel of the 108th Schutzen Fusilier Regt. – an elite, light Saxon regt. composed of expert marksmen. Visor is about mint with light green body, black cloth band, and gray visor, and with Ersatz sweatband, so I suspect made in the early transition from reflecting black painted visors to the more matt gray visor for camouflage. Interior light blue and grey cloth and buckram body.

I first thought the typed interior label done by some collector, many years ago. On inspection, the word “Eigentum” (property) and the use of the Umlaut gives me the impression period done on a German typewriter by Kurt Einsiedel. Note the embossed silver von Einsiedel family crest on this label. I suspect he used family stationery with the crest to make this label. Kurt was awarded the Ritterkreuz - Gross Herzog Mecklenburg, prior to WWI, as well as other decorations.

His brother Hans, also in this WWI regt. KIA during WWI. Promoted after death one rank to Major in 1918.

With research, this visor belonged to Kurt von Einsiedel, who later became Oberstlt. von Einsiedel, of Saxon Kav. Regt. 8, 1938/1939.

Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)   Schützen (Füsilier) Headgear (Dunkelblau & Feldgrau)  

Good evening,

who later became Oberstlt. von Einsiedel, of Saxon Kav. Regt. 8, 1938/1939.
    No, I am afraid that is not the case. Kurt Alexis von Einsiedel, born 4 April 1871 was already 43 years old when WW1 broke out. He would have been 67 in 1938, a wee bit old for an active lieutenant colonel and regimental commander (he died on 14 November 1941).

The commander of Kavallerie-Regiment 8 was Heinrich von Einsiedel (24 January 1893 - 29 January 1951), a Leutnant in 1. Husaren-Regiment Nr. 18 in 1914.

Regards
    Glenn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3