MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Technical Troops (Feldgrau): Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors

Article about: From my cross-town friend: "A few years ago, I obtained this war time private purchase war time visor from a German collector. The cap fabric is heavy ribbed corduroy (probably suit or

Default Technical Troops (Feldgrau): Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors

This thread is for field-gray visors with a black band and red piping.
    These hats were worn by "technical troops" which consisted of the following: Artillerie (Artillery), Pioniere (Engineers) and Verkehrstruppen (Transportation Troops). These included all Eisenbahn (Railway), Telegraphen (Telegraph), Flieger (Flying), Luftschiffer (Balloon and Zeppelin).

From my cross-town friend:

"A few years ago, I obtained this war time private purchase war time visor from a German collector. The cap fabric is heavy ribbed corduroy (probably suit or leggings material), has a pressed paper visor, zinc cocardes, oil cloth sweatband, but a real silk liner – whatever materials the maker had to work with, with war time shortages. The exact mate to this cap (with optional chin strap), is in the permanent Ingolstadt collection. If you look at the first photo, you’ll note that the fabric under the black band is different from the ribbed top fabric. War time shortages often necessitated that scrap fabric was used on caps, in smaller areas.

The owner’s name, “Goedecke” and Feld Artillery Regt. 10 (Scharnhorst) were inked under the visor. I was curious if “Goedecke” could be identified. From experience, It is almost impossible to find a WWI or WWII enlisted soldier, without a date of birth. The other, more chancy solution, was to find the post WWI printed history of the regiment. Recently, I found this history, printed in Germany in 1930.

In the page after page of the 1914-1918 dead of this regiment, there is a listing for a Kanonier Goedecke, who was KIA on 30.3.1918, along with three other Kanioner’s on the same day. The book refers to one of the guns of the 7 battery being hit by counter battery fine on the Somme front, at Tilloloy. Four artillerymen serving the gun were killed, & five severely wounded. The regimental history shows a photo of an artillery piece, in an well entrenched bunker, that was hit by counter battery fire and destroyed. The caption does not identify the battery or crew.

It’s not just the cap, but the story if you can uncover it."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors   Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  

Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors   Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  

Last edited by stonemint; 06-26-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Being sold as a GERMAN WWI TECHNICAL OFFICER VISOR CAP HAT PILOT AVIATION
    Went for $879.00
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors   Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  

Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors   Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  

Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors  
    Last edited by stonemint; 01-17-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Sold as :
    Feldgraue Offz.Schirmmütze Fliegertruppe WK1 mint top selten!!!

EUR 451,00

Technical Troops:

Really nice Artillery visor w/ masking band and zinc-oxide visor.
    Went for US $660,00
    Ca. EUR 529,61

Last edited by stonemint; 12-15-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Support Troops/artillery w/ tunic:

Officer. This could be worn by the following entities: AVIATION , ARTILLERY , LUFTSCHIFFER , TELEGRAPHER , KRAFTFAHRER

A Kupperia : '100 gramm' and leicht Mütze gesetzlich geschütze wasserdichte

Bavarian technical troops or drivers 1908 pattern cap. stamped 1915 for Bavarian army korps.

Technical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen VisorsTechnical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen VisorsTechnical Troops (Feldgrau):  Artillery, Pioneer & Verkehrstruppen Visors

Minenwerfer:

An Officer Headgear Grouping Minenwerfer-Kompanie Prussia Black leather body front and rear visors. Tarnished gilt front plate of officer Prussian line eagle with skull and crossbones of flamethrower unit. Plate attached by two screw posts with nuts. Gilt spike base spike star studs front visor and spline. Officer convex chin straps with rosette side posts officer national and Prussian state cockades. Dark brown leather sweatband with tan silk lining. Liner labels for maker and owner "26 Inf. = Brig Minenwf. = Komp 13 Oberlt Frhr. von Althaus". Flamethrower OberLt. officer model 1915 shoulder boards with ciphers and black underlay. Officer war model visor cap with field-grey wool body red trim and black band. Officer national and Prussian cockades with flamethrower skull and crossbones. Black visor with white underlay white leather sweatband with aged silk lining marked inside "26 Inf = Brig Minenwf. = Komp 13 Oberlt Frhr. von Althaus". Large helmet case marked with regiment and owners name. Very rare. USA-lot

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast