Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

wwi Imperial Mutze Question

Article about: Have the opportunity to purchase this Mutze and it is outside my normal area of collecting. I know the pic is really bad but its all that was sent to me. Will be inspecting it soon and alway

MAP
    ?

Default wwi Imperial Mutze Question

Have the opportunity to purchase this Mutze and it is outside my normal area of collecting.

I know the pic is really bad but its all that was sent to me. Will be inspecting it soon and always have the opportunity to return if not original.

In the mean time was hoping for some early feedback.

1) It appears to be a standard infantry Mutze? Correct?

2) How hard is it to find an original replacement cockade?

3) What is an estimate for a fair price. Assuming condition is good and it's original?

Thanks for the help.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

All I can commment on is the cockade and the need for much better pics. Cockades do pop up for sale. Other than that, this is right outside my area.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    All I can commment on is the cockade and the need for much better pics. Cockades do pop up for sale. Other than that, this is right outside my area.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. I realize the pic is real fuzzy. Although I can always return the item if not original, I really just have no idea on the avg market price for these mutze's (assuming good condition).

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Prussian cockades are easy to find and the hat itself, if nice original, with the depot and unit stamps etc.... maybe $250 top. That would be my ballpark but I'm a tad out of that loop....so, maybe others will see it differently. It looks OK from the 1 shot.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    Prussian cockades are easy to find and the hat itself, if nice original, with the depot and unit stamps etc.... maybe $250 top. That would be my ballpark but I'm a tad out of that loop....so, maybe others will see it differently. It looks OK from the 1 shot.
    Thanks Nigel.....That's right on the $ re the asking price. Will chhck for the depot and unit stamp info.

Michael

MAP
    ?

OK, I pulled the trigger on the Infantry Mutze. Not a great example but it's my first and came with the promise of getting an original cockade to replace the missing one.

As you can see it has a significant rip/moth tear on the top but otherwise seems to show period wear and tear.

Can anyone help with the identification. I can't make out the last number/letter after BA/ Bekliedung Amt. Any help...

There is also very faded letters. Could be FF, JJ (if upside down) or maybe even 55.

Thanks!

Michael

Exterior

wwi Imperial Mutze Questionwwi Imperial Mutze Questionwwi Imperial Mutze Questionwwi Imperial Mutze Question

Interior

wwi Imperial Mutze Questionwwi Imperial Mutze Questionwwi Imperial Mutze Questionwwi Imperial Mutze Question

And its new home

Good buy by the look of things. Nice collection as well.

cheers

Tony

MAP
    ?

Quote by spandau View Post
    Good buy by the look of things. Nice collection as well.

cheers

Tony
    Thanks, ...running out of room however..the horror is that I have to pack some stuff away. No fun in that!

A nice original M1907 feldmutze......red piping and band indicate Infantry.....
    Pity you can not make out the clothing store stamp "BA ??" it will be a Roman numeral, i.e. "BA XIV"......if you could make it out, units attached to that Army Korps could be none Prussian, and so widen the scope for what cockade to apply to the cap. Cockades can be sourced quite cheaply $20 or so depending on what state.........from either dealer or E-Bay, but watch out for fakes/repro's.
    Prost ! Steve.

MAP
    ?

Quote by oradour View Post
    A nice original M1907 feldmutze......red piping and band indicate Infantry.....
    Pity you can not make out the clothing store stamp "BA ??" it will be a Roman numeral, i.e. "BA XIV"......if you could make it out, units attached to that Army Korps could be none Prussian, and so widen the scope for what cockade to apply to the cap. Cockades can be sourced quite cheaply $20 or so depending on what state.........from either dealer or E-Bay, but watch out for fakes/repro's.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Thanks Steve,

Yes, unfortunate.. but I'll keep trying under different light. That said, are you saying that it can't be Prussian, or just that there are potentially more variables?

Thanks!

Michael