Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes

Article about: What looks to be a scam turned out to be a very good deal! Advertised on ebay by a seller with a bad evaluation (among others!)regarding the same item, that was previuously offered as well.

Default 1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes

What looks to be a scam turned out to be a very good deal!
    Advertised on ebay by a seller with a bad evaluation (among others!)regarding the same item, that was previuously offered as well.
    He also picked a bad timing ;11 am !! ??
    A bad description and bad pictures made he only got two bid's, mine and a other one.
    My (last minute) offer seemed double to the current bid, that makes i got the stuff at the price of one pipe!
    Enjoy;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fr pinhel 015.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	530005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fr pinhel 009.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	530007  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: 1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes

You got all that?? Very cool.

Default Re: 1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes

That's a fantastic pick up Kris, well done.

Tom

The liner of the helmet has been cut out!
    That is the only down!
    But well marked in the neck flap RJAXVIII f
    Still need to find out what it means!
    And two ink stamps in the dome, but they did become very vague.
    |<
    cheers
    |<ris

You are a lucky guy
    Ebay, sometimes is a treasure cove.
    Cheers
    Nuno

I still got the idea the ad was made to deceive! But I managed to pull the right strings, "with a little help of my friends"!(lol!)
    cheers
    |<ris

Kris....excellent find, good it turned out out a great deal !...... As to the markings..." RJA XVIII f " I think that the "R" is a "B" have a closer look..if so, it is the marking of the "Bekleidungs Instandsetzung" a repair unit of the XVIII Army Korps. These repaired helmets were often marked with a "BIA or BJA" stamp and followed by either a capital or lower case " f " which was an inspection mark put on after repair, meaning " felddienstbraucherbar" (field/war serviceable).
    All in all a good helmet and extras to boot ! See here for more information on AK XVIII XVIII Corps (German Empire) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hope that's helped....
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

It helps Steve!
    Your are spot on!
    Much to learn for me!
    cheers
    |<
    cheers
    |<ris

lucky old you Kris !

Thanks Tony!
    I dropped you a line (email!)
    cheers
    |<ris
    cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast