Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes

Article about: What looks to be a scam turned out to be a very good deal! Advertised on ebay by a seller with a bad evaluation (among others!)regarding the same item, that was previuously offered as well.

Default 1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes

What looks to be a scam turned out to be a very good deal!
    Advertised on ebay by a seller with a bad evaluation (among others!)regarding the same item, that was previuously offered as well.
    He also picked a bad timing ;11 am !! ??
    A bad description and bad pictures made he only got two bid's, mine and a other one.
    My (last minute) offer seemed double to the current bid, that makes i got the stuff at the price of one pipe!
    Enjoy;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes   1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: 1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes

You got all that?? Very cool.

Default Re: 1895 infantery pickelhaube and reservist's regimental porcelain pipes

That's a fantastic pick up Kris, well done.

Tom

The liner of the helmet has been cut out!
    That is the only down!
    But well marked in the neck flap RJAXVIII f
    Still need to find out what it means!
    And two ink stamps in the dome, but they did become very vague.
    |<
    cheers
    |<ris

You are a lucky guy
    Ebay, sometimes is a treasure cove.
    Cheers
    Nuno

I still got the idea the ad was made to deceive! But I managed to pull the right strings, "with a little help of my friends"!(lol!)
    cheers
    |<ris

Kris....excellent find, good it turned out out a great deal !...... As to the markings..." RJA XVIII f " I think that the "R" is a "B" have a closer look..if so, it is the marking of the "Bekleidungs Instandsetzung" a repair unit of the XVIII Army Korps. These repaired helmets were often marked with a "BIA or BJA" stamp and followed by either a capital or lower case " f " which was an inspection mark put on after repair, meaning " felddienstbraucherbar" (field/war serviceable).
    All in all a good helmet and extras to boot ! See here for more information on AK XVIII XVIII Corps (German Empire) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hope that's helped....
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

It helps Steve!
    Your are spot on!
    Much to learn for me!
    cheers
    |<
    cheers
    |<ris

lucky old you Kris !

Thanks Tony!
    I dropped you a line (email!)
    cheers
    |<ris
    cheers
    |<ris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast