Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB

Article about: A good Sunday to you all I have just added this maker marked EK2 to my collection. It has a makers mark which I think reads as MB which as far as my research has gone is a known mark but an

?

Default 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB

A good Sunday to you all

I have just added this maker marked EK2 to my collection.
    It has a makers mark which I think reads as MB which as far as my research has gone is a known mark but an unknown maker.
    It is a little salty and the solder on the lower arm has parted a little, looks like its had a harder life than most. Still it's a makers mark I had to add to my collection and even these slightly less than perfect crosses have a place.

I welcome any feed back all you fellow Imperial EK lovers might have as well as any suggestions or views on making sure the parting in the frame does not get any worse. This is the first one in my collection that has this parting of the frame.

Wilko

I've had a word with jamie7d7 about this and between us and a friend of his we are now thinking that the mark could be WE or WS. I do have a W.S in my collection and the core is very different from this one. Any other thoughts out there?

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB

1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB

Last edited by Wilko; 03-24-2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added question about maker mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB
    P
    Many

That's a nice one, i like that style of crown. I agree that even less than perfect ones have a place in any collection. Unfortunately, i'm of little help with the makers mark, it looks like W something but i can't make out the second letter.

The makers mark is "we"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB   1914 Eisernes Kreuz 2 Klasse Ring Stamped MB  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quote by atcarroll View Post
    That's a nice one, i like that style of crown. I agree that even less than perfect ones have a place in any collection. Unfortunately, i'm of little help with the makers mark, it looks like W something but i can't make out the second letter.
    Thank you atcarroll, I just had to have it when I saw it. The crown is very well detailed which like you I also love.
    Wilko

?

Thank you Greg for confirming the maker mark. I was totally convinced it was either WB or WS. Your knowledge on these EKs is something I aspire to.
    Ken

Thanks Ken.
    I just have a lot of pictures of crosses saved to my computer.
    You can never have too many reference points.
    just for fun- My Imperial reference library
    gregM

myself around.

?

Just wondering, is there a chance that the separation of the Frame could get worse. As I say this is the first cross I've acquired with the Frame like this.

As long as you're not handling it a lot, It should not get worse.
    gregM

myself around.

?

Thankfully I don't handle them all that often, just to take the odd new photo when I get the right light conditions.
    Thanks again Greg for the help.
    Ken

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    The makers mark is "we"
    Do "we" know who that represents Greg?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast