Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 New Seitengewehr 98/05's For My Collection

Article about: Hello all, I picked these up the other day and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts. I've heard that the numbers and letters present on the hand guard of the saw-back may refer to a unit

Default 3 New Seitengewehr 98/05's For My Collection

Hello all,

I picked these up the other day and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts. I've heard that the numbers and letters present on the hand guard of the saw-back may refer to a unit however I'm unsure.

+The saw-back is dated to 1906 and manufactured by Erfurt. Appears to say "E. 13. 8L." on the hand guard.
    +The bayonet with the reproduction frog doesn't appear to have any visible date. It was manufactured by Frister & Rossman however the blade also carried the JA Henckels twins stamp.
    +The third bayonet carries the date of 1917 and was manufactured by Carl Eickhorn.

Thank you for your wisdom and warmest wishes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 New Seitengewehr 98/05's For My Collection
    P
    Many

How much did you pay for them?

$75 each. Part of a larger bundle purchase.

?

the mark should be for:
    Landwebr - Infanterie- Regiment/Ersatz-Bataillon

?

BOD?KY M95 ??st 1/3 link for more information about bayonet marking, in the middle of the page is a table.

Good buying for the money. The sawback probably the most interesting being the earlier a.A pattern.

Thank you all for your wisdom on these pieces! I'm very excited to be able to connect this information with the bayonet!

Good buy. If your able to restore them, they'll look beautiful. You could also sell it to someone, and make a profit... But I wouldn't want to let go of something as cool as that! Thanks for sharing the find.