Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German 77mm shell

Article about: Hi Guys, as I have mentioned before, I don't collect WW1 per se, but I cannot resist a bargain. I picked up this shell case for £4 at a vintage vehicle show. Later I bought the restored head

Default German 77mm shell

Hi Guys, as I have mentioned before, I don't collect WW1 per se, but I cannot resist a bargain. I picked up this shell case for £4 at a vintage vehicle show. Later I bought the restored head and fuse at Beltring. It makes a nice display peice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 77mm shell  

Default Re: German 77mm shell

Wow very nice ww1 ordnance congrat very good price too

I like it..Nice...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Phillip Green
    ?

Very nice Ade. It will look nice with the rest of your collection.

?

Thats a nice shell and display is right!

Definite bagain on this one, Ade..................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks guys. The shell head still retains some of the ball bearing shrapnel pieces. Very evil looking....

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, super piece ! in great condition, I generally use the 77' case to display my Pickelhaubes on ! I have one complete 77' I show here, yours makes mine look rather "scabby"!.....
    Prost ! STEVE.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 77mm shell  

?

A german 77mm shrapnel with basket.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German 77mm shell   German 77mm shell  

I have now decided to rationalise my collection due to lack of space (!) so I am putting this one up for auction at work on Nov 22nd.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!