Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

98/05 stamping

Article about: Hello Guys ,I have a german 98/05 which looks to have been reblued at sometime and has the usual accetance marks, it has 91 on the crossguard and matching number on the back of the scabbard

?

Default 98/05 stamping

Hello Guys ,I have a german 98/05 which looks to have been reblued at sometime and has the usual accetance marks, it has 91 on the crossguard and matching number on the back of the scabbard but also a star on the top of the cross guard would you say it,s another inspection stamp any info would be welcome ,Paul.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 98/05 stamping   98/05 stamping  

98/05 stamping   98/05 stamping  

98/05 stamping   98/05 stamping  

Attached Images Attached Images 98/05 stamping 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 98/05 stamping
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 98/05 stamping

Hi
    The star stamp on the crossguard looks Turkish. they'd also use the star with crescent mark together or individually.

Eric

?

Hello There ,I put the same question to another forum (gunboards) and the genaral feeling there is that it is a universal inspection mark,a member of that forum has a 98/05 same maker and date it also has the star in the same area.I too thought it could be turkish at first ,apparantly you can find these stars on alot swords has a quality control,Thanks Paul.

?

Quote by paul a View Post
    Hello There ,I put the same question to another forum (gunboards) and the genaral feeling there is that it is a universal inspection mark,a member of that forum has a 98/05 same maker and date it also has the star in the same area.I too thought it could be turkish at first ,apparantly you can find these stars on alot swords has a quality control,Thanks Paul.
    Hi Paul
    With respect to gunboards disagree they are Turkish issue marks:

Regards
    Eric98/05 stamping98/05 stamping98/05 stamping98/05 stamping98/05 stamping98/05 stamping98/05 stamping

?

Well, the 6 pointed star is a common mark used by many. It was also used by the Australians but I doubt that this is an Australian issued bayonet. It is simply an inspector's mark, possibly used by Schleutermann, but definitely German. And remember that the Turkish bayonet illustrated above is German made and the Turkish inspector's markings were stamped at manufacture there by Turkish inspectors.

There is no doubt in my mind that this Sg98/05 bayonet never saw issue or use by the Turkish military.

?

Hello ,I tend to agree with USNV5 on this ,even though it looks like a turkish mark ,Regards Paul