Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Adler's Imperial collection

Article about: by Adler Auch... nobody seems to like Landwehr Kavallerie... Adler Awesome display, Adler! The mannequins look great. Superb job on that. Really nice! Luke

Adler, thank you very much for your replies on this and my original thread! I guess I can save myself the trouble and expense of looking for an original or repro replacement for this period replacement which IS in fact "correct" after all. My collection, such as it is, has mainly been an outgrowth of a small WWII collection and my knowledge of things Imperial is therefore pretty limited - Thanks again for your expertise!

Adler's Imperial collection

?

You're welcome sir!

Adler

Yes, WWI is an "outgrowth" of WWII history, for me also. And it is more fascinating all the time, but WWII will probably always be my main interest. All the same, it is all really part of the same European history, going back to 1870 at least, it's all relevant.

Off on a tangent right now, I'm reading "The Ten Days That Shook The World", about the November 1917 Revolution, it's complicated but exciting. The political turmoil in those days was staggering, all the different factions, the propaganda from all sides, it's bewildering... and its part of WWI history as well.

As for myself, I recently found a used copy of Barbara Tuchman's classic The Guns of August which is in my photo above, though I've only read the introduction so far. I remember it being everywhere when and soon after it was first published in the 1960's, but naturally now that I actually wanted it I could no longer find a copy! My favorite WWI book so far - out of the very few I've read - is Erwin Rommel's memoir Infantrie Grieft An or in my English translation also pictured above Infantry Attacks.

There is a LOT of really good books out there, many of them older books, and out there for a song...

Default contact

Hello Mr Adler,

i need to talk about your private collection.can we talk personal?

Kind Regards,

Eray
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-03-2016 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Remove e-mail address.

Quote by amasyali46 View Post
    Hello Mr Adler,

i need to talk about your private collection.can we talk personal?

Kind Regards,

Eray
    Please contact this member via PM.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

PM sent...

Adler

Quote by Larboard View Post
    There is a LOT of really good books out there, many of them older books, and out there for a song...
    I finished the Tuchman now quite a while ago, and since have read the classic First World War by John Keegan I found at my local library and which I now think the best book I've read on the subject! I also enjoyed a more recent book on Verdun. I'm still surprised at some of the items I've been able to find since my above photo was made; these are my two favorites, an EK I and a M.1889 Prussian NCO sword dated 16:

Adler's Imperial collection Adler's Imperial collection Adler's Imperial collection Adler's Imperial collection

?

Adler

These threads make me so jealous, but in a good way. could you give me advice on how you look after the leather liners in the steel helmet and the lather slings please?

Thanks for sharing the wonderful collection.

Regards Del

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast