Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Adler's Imperial collection

Article about: by Adler Auch... nobody seems to like Landwehr Kavallerie... Adler Awesome display, Adler! The mannequins look great. Superb job on that. Really nice! Luke

Default Re: Adler's Imperial collection

Is that a secret entrance I see?

I love the display mannequins expression! "Bahahaha, Now that I've finished collecting all the finest 'Haubes in the land, I can begin depleting the market of paper ephemera and make everyone jealous! Muahahaha"

I have a filing cabinet very similar to the one in the 3rd picture down, however the handles on mine are made from wood and not steel.

I have to ask about that padded overcoat - what is it? Is it a liner for a greatcoat?

?

I have to ask about that padded overcoat - what is it? Is it a liner for a greatcoat?
    It's a Daunenmantel and was worn underneath the greatcoat. The Daunenmantel was designed as a quick solution to the first winter of the war in 1914, but only produced in small quantities. It was worn by enlisted man and officers as well. Here's a link to some information as in Johan Somers' book: http://home.scarlet.be/~tse02026/daunenmantel.pdf
    I don't have more information on this, so if someone might have more info or pictures, this will be very much appreciated!

Adler

Last edited by Adler; 06-15-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Is that an original Stirnpanzer hiding on the lower shelf?

I found this page German Daunenmantel overcoat Which mentions another book by a fellow named Jurgen Kraus who apparently explains the coat.

I think his is for sale, although the rest of his website seems to be broken. Time for some author related research!

?

This is the best imperial collection i have seen,seen it on waf also and always enjoying seeing ur photos.
    Thank you

?

Thanks Luke!

Is that an original Stirnpanzer hiding on the lower shelf?
    Yes it is. I also have seen this site, to bad it's broken indeed... But if he's selling this one and you are interested, I wouldn't wait to long, because this is as rare as hen's teeth...

Adler

I cant explain why i never saw this thread, but im glad iv seen it now, it is one of the most beautiful collections i have ever seen, amazing.
    Its not only the collection itself, its the way it is displayed, its better than most museums i have seen.
    Congratulations on this fine exposition.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Thanks for your nice comment Nuno!

Adler

KSH
    ?

Adler, your collection is of fantastic proportions and quality I only hope to have a fraction of what you have in my Imperial collection!

- Kenneth

?

Quote by Adler View Post
    Thanks for your positive comments gentlemen!

Adler

PS Doug, it seems you also found your way to this forum?...
    Yes been going to the helmet section a couple times a week. Nice to see you here and of course your top collection!

?

awsome collection mate!
    My imperial collection as not even a fraction of yours! all I have is an 1914 EKII and a photo album. but you make it look so easy lol

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast