Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Advice appreciated

Article about: Hi, I have come across this m16 helmet for sale, the seller claims that it’s paint is all original from ww1, just after second opinions on whether this is true as it seems to be in too good

Default Advice appreciated

Hi, I have come across this m16 helmet for sale, the seller claims that it’s paint is all original from ww1, just after second opinions on whether this is true as it seems to be in too good of condition.Advice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciatedAdvice appreciated

Hi Diekresse,

During WW1 german soldiers were provided with white or grey cloth camo covers for their helmets so as to reduce glare coming off them in certain conditions and I have read that they were sometimes painted white although I have not seen many examples.

The interior of this one looks period and correct without a question however the exterior paint looks at odds with the interior condition. It could be good but personally, I would ask for some outside photos that are hi res so that we can make a more informed assessment.

Andy

MAP
    ?

The exterior condition is no match for the interior. Random chips here and there but hardly any wear on the rim.

These concerns me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is a period photo of some Imperial German soldiers with white painted or washed helmets:

Advice appreciated

And below an example that was recently for sale on the Ruptured Duck site (Copyright Ruptured Duck).This is the kind of external condition that you would expect to see from a helmet that is over 100 years old.

Advice appreciated