Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

army trenchcoat

Article about: Could you help me identifying thise German WWI trenchcoat and also tell me what could be missing on the schoulder pieces? Thanks. |<

Default army trenchcoat

Could you help me identifying thise German WWI trenchcoat and also tell me what could be missing on the schoulder pieces?
    Thanks.
    |<army trenchcoatarmy trenchcoatarmy trenchcoatarmy trenchcoatarmy trenchcoat
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: army trenchcoat

Kris, a stunning Officers "Paletot" or "Offiziersmantel", of pre-war design, but worn throughout the conflict by mounted and dismounted Officers, indeed replaced by the "Einheitsmantel" in 1915/16, I see that it has been altered to conform to the 15/16 regulations where the buttons which would of been shiny tombac/brass, were to be replaced with white steel Painted crowned buttons from the 07/10 tunic. Made from light grey wool, it has collar that can either worn high or folded down, the colour of the collar indicated (together with the shoulder straps) arm of service, the top of this one being dark blue, if the inside colour is red, coupled with the shoulder straps, this is from "Infanterie-Regt. Graf Kirchbach (1.Niederschlesisches) Nr.46" I and II Battalions garrisoned Posen, III Battalion at Wreschen, part of the V Armee Korps. But we can further narrow the unit down further by his shoulder strap buttons bearing the number "1" indicating first Company, which is part of the 1st Battalion. Kris, just confirm the colour of the collar under the blue......The shoulder straps are missing two gilt rank pips from each strap, indicating originally, the owner held the rank of Hauptmann (Captain).
    Hope that helps...
    Prost ! Steve.

Default Re: army trenchcoat

Hey Steve,
    A more then complete answer!!
    Thanks for your time and the great description.
    The collar IS RED!
    Thanks again.
    |<
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture army trenchcoat  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris