Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Art Regt 10 Regt history + some Feldpost

Article about: Guys, Didn't find any WW2 stuff yesterday but got these nice WW1 bits from a flohmarkt. A few postcard with the usual patriotic themes. All have been posted some with unit stamps, a nice pai

Default Art Regt 10 Regt history + some Feldpost

Guys,

Didn't find any WW2 stuff yesterday but got these nice WW1 bits from a flohmarkt.

A few postcard with the usual patriotic themes.

All have been posted some with unit stamps, a nice pair to Kaiserlich Marine!

The book is also nice and details the history of the Field Artillery Regt No 10 ( 1st Hannovarian).

It is complete with a small edition of maps and sketched field maps which was still inside the rear cover (see photos). This is not really my bag and if you have any WW2 stuff for swap please drop me a PM.

Regards

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Art Regt 10  Regt history + some Feldpost   Art Regt 10  Regt history + some Feldpost  

Art Regt 10  Regt history + some Feldpost   Art Regt 10  Regt history + some Feldpost  

Art Regt 10  Regt history + some Feldpost   Art Regt 10  Regt history + some Feldpost  

?

Default Re: Art Regt 10 Regt history + some Feldpost

Nice pieces of history Jock
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

this is funny.

my grand dad was in the dutch 10th regiment artillary. he was sergant-major instructeur. and on 30 november 1944 he was shot by the germans in neuegamme. same regiment different country.

greets DE

Cheers Paul,

DE, I don't think it qualifies as funny but certianly coinceidental...

Regards

Jock