Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Artillery Pickelhaube

Article about: Please can anyone identify this artillery pickelhaube . Also three of the stars are missing fron the top ball escution, can these be bought anywhere. Thanks, John.

?

Default Re: Artillery Pickelhaube

Sorry if you feel offended here, that was the last thing on earth I intended to do... It's just that sometimes those covers are not displayed because someone doesn't want to cover a complete helmet.
    Again, I wasn't saying there is something wrong with your helmet or anything else. If you feel it that way, I appologize again to you... Maybe my English isn't good enough to express what I exactly meant..

Adler

Quote by Adler View Post
    Sorry if you feel offended here, that was the last thing on earth I intended to do... It's just that sometimes those covers are not displayed because someone doesn't want to cover a complete helmet.
    Again, I wasn't saying there is something wrong with your helmet or anything else. If you feel it that way, I appologize again to you... Maybe my English isn't good enough to express what I exactly meant..

Adler
    No offence taken Adler, It is not in my collecting interests. My wife inhereted it and it just sits in a cupboard, not really loved, that is the helmet not my wife.John.

Blackpowder44, unloved !!...its a beauty !!...Guard Artillery Officers Kugelhelm, that Officers wappen (front badge) is woth a fortune alone, the interior is a shame, but in my mind would'nt harm its appeal. Get it on display !!!....as to covering it up, NO. Stuka f made a good point, if you have a pickelhaube cover, the best way to display is to use one of the 'tacky' plastic/resin helms available on the net for fancy dress, cheap at around 10 or less, and you dont have to hide any of your pickelhaubes from view. Just add a couple of cockades a chinstrap and display ! heres how it looks on my 'tacky' helm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010180.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	59773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010181.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	59774  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010179.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	59775  

Hey oradour, had a nice holliday?
    That is a tacky helmet you have got there!! That thing needs a cover!!
    Like you said; at 10 ....one can not expect much.
    Have you seen my plastic helmets?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2715.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	59786  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12