Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Auction Pickelbaube

Article about: by helmetone It's slowly going out of my price range and there is a 23% premium on top, which I despise. It may become someone else's The dreaded buyer's premium...

We shall see! I'll let y'all know the final price if I think to check.

I just saw this and I have some reservations. The silver center of the Wappen looks very poorly struck. Normally, these are sharp and well defined. The overall look just gives me an odd feeling. The finish on the body also looks odd and the rear visor is sewn on in a way that looks strange. I would not bid on this helmet without being able to examine the inside. Just my two cents.

I am with CCMJR !
    I could also state that the Saxon cocarde looks very new to me, and without seeing the inside I would surely pass on thise one.
    Also storage cases are rather easy to find.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!

Interesting observations! First of all, I'd like to see a photo of the interior. The starburst too, as you say, looks abit "soft". And, not only is the rear visor stitched on abit crooked, but the front visor is not much better! At first glance, all looks okey....but, the more closer you look at this helmet the more suspicious it looks! I'm not too comfortable with the strap behind the chinscales, either! Good Eye, CCMJR!

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sold for $1,100 + 23% seller fee.

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123