Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian M16 Winter Whitewash - CAS 66

Article about: I have been clearing snow for what seems to me to be an eternity and it occurred to me that I have never posted my only WWI vintage winter camo, an Austrian M16, CAS 66, with remnants of the

Default Austrian M16 Winter Whitewash - CAS 66

I have been clearing snow for what seems to me to be an eternity and it occurred to me that I have never posted my only WWI vintage winter camo, an Austrian M16, CAS 66, with remnants of the liner and chinstrap remaining. It has a lot of rust bleeding through on the exterior, and the interior is a rat due to decades of poor storage, but there still is a fair amount of the white wash left on the exterior of the shell. You can see scrape marks on the shell resulting from, in my opinion, the soldat removing the camo with, perhaps, his bayonet. It isn't in the best shape, but it is the only one I have. With the weather that we have had here in New England in the last few weeks I thought it would be appropriate to post this one. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian M16 Winter Whitewash - CAS 66   Austrian M16 Winter Whitewash - CAS 66  

Austrian M16 Winter Whitewash - CAS 66   Austrian M16 Winter Whitewash - CAS 66  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian M16 Winter Whitewash - CAS 66
    P
    Many

Very interesting helmet.
    Chris

Nice! I can only imagine you clearing snow with that one on your head --- oh the looks on the neighbors faces

How did I miss this! Great helmet Jim. Not something you see every day.